Olympics as a Theme for Kids Yoga Lessons
With the Rio Summer Olympics well underway, we’ve updated old blog posts to help you incorporate the games as a theme in your classes. We hope you find these resources helpful when considering lesson plans, poses, and intentions for kids yoga.
While yoga is not (yet) an Olympic sport, there are ways to tap into the excitement of the Olympics to enhance your kids yoga classes. Find out how the Olympics can be used as a theme to engage in a discussion of unity, challenges and competition.
This one pose can be a useful tool to prompt discussion about intention and incorporate the Olympics into lesson plans. Click the link to read more!
In this post, Aruna shares tips for classroom management based on her experiences leading yoga games and talking about the Olympics with kids.
Have more ideas about how the Olympics can be used as a theme to promote class engagement and discussion? Comment below!
Winnipeg Weekend Certification
- Sat. – Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate) at Modo Yoga Winnipeg
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Spring 2020 – Fall 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 14-15, 2020 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.