Olympics as a Theme for Kids Yoga Lessons
With the Rio Summer Olympics well underway, we’ve updated old blog posts to help you incorporate the games as a theme in your classes. We hope you find these resources helpful when considering lesson plans, poses, and intentions for kids yoga.
While yoga is not (yet) an Olympic sport, there are ways to tap into the excitement of the Olympics to enhance your kids yoga classes. Find out how the Olympics can be used as a theme to engage in a discussion of unity, challenges and competition.
This one pose can be a useful tool to prompt discussion about intention and incorporate the Olympics into lesson plans. Click the link to read more!
In this post, Aruna shares tips for classroom management based on her experiences leading yoga games and talking about the Olympics with kids.
Have more ideas about how the Olympics can be used as a theme to promote class engagement and discussion? Comment below!
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Now in Self-Paced and Live-Zoom Format!
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate