Themes and Dreams: 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
Themes and Dreams Certificate explains Yoga Philosophy in a way that awakens the imagination to dream big – no matter what your age. These powerful lesson plan themes have been used by hundreds of teachers, children love them, and they work. You’ll also discover how to organically create lesson plans with new themes and topics as you need them.
Based on Young Yoga Masters original weekend training this specialized weekend is like no other! This is not a course with only animals poses. When you learn an animal pose it’s to reinforce a lesson for children. These carefully selected stories, songs, and props illustrate real yoga concepts that give children a deeper personal connection to yoga.
Giving kids a true experience of yoga, you’ll connect with kids in a more meaningful way.
About the Certificate:
This Certificate features simple age old postures and meditations that can be safely taught with little explanation. The focus is on creating lesson plans using themes. Starting with the Young Yoga Masters curriculum you’ll see powerful examples of how to take your classes from good to awesome! Then you’ll get the tools to see how easy it is to create lesson plans with new themes. In this weekend workshop you will discover:
- Themes that Bring Yoga Alive for Kids: Explanations for yoga, meditation, mindfulness, and stress relief put in simple terms like you’ve never heard before! These explanations help students and teachers relate to yoga in a way they can understand and connect with more deeply.
- Meditations that Kids Ask For: Yes, that’s right. It’s not uncommon for children to come in and ask for these meditations once they’ve experienced them!
- If You’re Going to Dream – Dream BIG! Lessons based on Ancient Secrets of Success for Today’s World by meditation Master Tulshi Sen. These stories inspire kids to let go of worry, relax, imagine and dream. They make it fun for teachers to bring yoga to kids. Most importantly, they are written in neutral language that is suitable for any environment.
- The Kids Yoga Class Creator: A lesson plan template to guide you through developing your own kids yoga classes for different ages, time frames, and settings from the living room to the studio.
- The Teen Yoga Class Creator: You’ll get three lesson plans that show you how to teach teens and learn abou thow the teen brain develops and what that means for you as a yoga teacher.
- Quick Yoga: Quick, everyday tools for calming and centering.
- Rejuvenation: An amazing course to connect with others and nourish your soul. This is a weekend of practical, personal, and professional development. It’s full of imagination and fresh ideas.
- Yoga Camp Practicum: You’ll get practicum time where you observe Aruna or Marcia teaching from the training manual, then you will choose a lesson plan from the training to teach a 40 minute class to children or teens. Aruna will guide you through the planning to give you a practical experience of teaching kids yoga. You will complete your practicum experience with the Practicum Reflection.
- And much more…
- Themes and Dreams Workbook: Over 150 page manual in PDF format with reference material, class development resources, and yoga poses.
- Sample Lesson Plans & Class Curriculum: A curriculum you can start teaching now. Includes an index of weekly themes, variations, activities, games, and meditations.
- Recommended Resources: Access to the list of the most useful tools Aruna has found teaching kids yoga. Including her “Children’s Favorites” playlist of songs, and her recommendations for teachers of what to get first and what is a waste of money.
- Kids Yoga Class Creator and Teen Yoga Class Creator: these lesson plan templates guide you through developing your own curriculum and organize you for future classes.
- A Weekend of Kids Yoga You Won’t Soon Forget! Certificate of Completion for the Themes and Dreams Module 16-Hour Training, this certificate also counts towards the 96 Hour Certification with Young Yoga Masters (must complete all hours to receive full Certification).
I was REALLY struggling…I feel much more confident now.
Before the course I was REALLY struggling with ideas/themes and how to put together children’s yoga classes. In the training I loved participating like a kid, the games, and listening to others. Now that the course is over I learned a lot about how to teach a kids yoga class and feel much more confident teaching children’s yoga.
– Andrea Boyce, E.C.E. and Certified Yoga Instructor
Become a Children’s Yoga Teacher
The Themes and Dreams Certificate is part of the Young Yoga Masters Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification, a Registered Children’s Yoga School with Yoga Alliance.
Sneak Peak – The Hello Song
This song is from the Themes and Dreams Curriculum. In this video you’ll hear a recording of Aruna teaching one of her Kids Yoga classes of 2 – 6 year old children:
About the Trainer:
Aruna Kathy Humphrys: Aruna is the author of The Frog Yoga Alphabet Kids Yoga Teacher Training Double Pack and Yoga Man vs. The Stressor: Yoga for Boys Teacher Training Manual, and the award-winning Young Yoga Masters blog (the world’s first blog covering kids yoga exclusively). A certified yoga instructor since 1998, she has over 200 testimonials from happy adult clients for her Kids Yoga Teacher Training, a Registered Children’s Yoga School. Once upon a time Aruna lived in an Ashram for six years. Now she lives in Ontario, Canada, and enjoys singing, ukulele playing and technology.
It Was Worth The Trip
I love the way you make big/deep concepts fun and easily accessible to children. I have learned tools and have ideas to share with my kids classes and my adult classes too. I am leaving inspired and eager to share. I have a new vision for where I would like the direction of my kids yoga teaching to go.
Thank you! It was worth the trip.
– T. F., Yoga Teacher, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
The Themes and Dreams Certificate can be taken alone and also counts as 16 Hours towards the Young Yoga Masters 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve Moved Online!
- August 8 + 9: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 11 + 12: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 22-23: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 25: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 26: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Next round of online training starts August 2020
You’ll be glad you did it!