Become a Kids Yoga Teacher with a Training you can be Proud Of!
Young Yoga Masters gives you a flexible and professional kids yoga teacher training. It includes a combination of self-paced and real-time training, all from the comfort of your home. This training fulfills all the requirements for the 95 Hour Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS).
New Cohort Launching
Attend the Live Webinar on Feb. 24 or watch the Replay for all the details!
Training Updates: In the 95 Hour Certificate, a Yoga Alliance RCYS must have a minimum of 14 hours of Real-Time training. This real-time training will take place on Zoom in the Business Accelerator + Mentorship Module (23 Hour Certificate). In this module students may choose a blend of real-time (minimum 14 Hours) and self-paced training.
The other 72 Hour of training are in modules that are self-paced.
New Cohort Opens Feb. 24, 2024:
We’ve been a RCYS since 2012, but this will be the first cohort under the new YA regulations. The Founding Members Cohort will help us get the real-time program just right.
- Founding Members Cohort Opens for Registration:
Feb. 24 – March 31, 2024
(includes 1 year to complete the training)
The special rates of the founding members group will give you all you need for the 95 hour Certificate, including the real-time training.
Pricing: Individual Modules
Earn a Certificate for each module you complete. Each module also counts towards your 95 Hour Certificate with our RCYS.
- Self Paced 4 Hour Certificate: USD $80
(Modules: Family Yoga, Chakras for Children)
- Self-Paced 16 Hour Certificate: USD $315
(Modules: Yoga Literacy, Themes and Dreams, Mindfulness for Children, Inclusive Yoga)
- Business Accelerator + Mentorship (23 Hour Certificate):
USD $429 per year/ $39 per month
Registration Window Opens: Feb. 24 – March 31, 2024
Includes both real-time and recorded training.
- 95 Hour Bundle: Opening for Registration Feb. 24, 2024!
72 Hours Self-Paced Training Modules PLUS 1 Year Membership to the Mentorship + Business Accelerator Module:
$1849$975, or pay in 12 installments of $95/month
Register for Individual Modules Here
3 Steps to Register:
- Review the Release and Waiver
- Review the Registration and Training Policies
By registering you acknowledge your agreement with the Release and Waiver Form and Refund Policy.
- Complete your payment and registration for the training of your choice (buttons below)
You get immediate access to the training once payment is complete.
Contact info (at) youngyogamasters.com if you have any questions.
Praise for the Online Training
On the last day of the live-zoom training, participants in the training tell you about their experiences in this video:
Take the class. That’s what I would say for real. It’s been a great class. So I encourage you all to take the class. Research if you want, but take my advice, take the class. It’s a lot of fun, very interactive. Aruna is very heartfelt in the passion that she has for children’s yoga and very knowledgeable. She has over 20 years of experience and you can tell. She’s also very personable. And it’s amazing to come to class with other yoga students with different backgrounds. So I really appreciate it and I encourage you all to take the class.Stacey, Graduate of Live Zoom Training, 2020
Nothing Held Back. I Got So Much!!!
I do a lot of online courses and webinars and I just wanted to say that your course is amazing. Sometimes people hog information, they give you a quarter of what they know and you have this feeling that there is something they didn’t tell you, because maybe it’s their business or whatever else. But I didn’t feel it with this course. I felt like I got so much and I was like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, and the manuals! You shared everything with me and I appreciate it so much because I felt like you wanted me to succeed and shared everything that you know. And I just felt so grateful. Thank you.Alena F, Dietician at a Children’s Hospital, Graduate
Exceeded my Expectations
What’s Included in the Young Yoga Masters Training
- Downloadable PDF’s of Manuals that you can keep forever: you can download and print the manuals, lesson plans, and yoga activity pages so you always have tons of resources at your fingertips.
- Self-Paced Training: Each zoom-training is recorded so you can watch the replay or come back and watch the training whenever you want a refresher.
- Weekly Real-Time Training: (March – July) You’ll have options to connect each week for real-time training. Take up to 23 hours in real-time. You’ll also have access to the replays after.
- Mentorship Support: Those registered in the 95 Hour Certification get weekly opportunities to meet with their trainer on zoom!
Let’s Meet On Zoom at the Free Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Every month we meet on Zoom for a free mini-training and question and answer period.
You’ll learn a new aspect of teaching yoga to children. You’ll also get your kids’ yoga questions answered with Lead Trainer, Aruna, who has been teaching yoga for over 25 years!
It’s all online through Zoom.
This free check-in is for:
- anyone interested in enhancing their kids’ yoga skills.
- those taking the Young Yoga Masters training,
- and graduates of the training to receive ongoing support.
It’s a chance to connect with old friends and meet new people who are into yoga and mindfulness for children.
“I had 25 people at my first family yoga class at my work, 10 families with kids aged from 3-10. We had lots of fun. I opened registration for the next class, and in just a few hours 6 families signed up. My Family Yoga Club is the first one of its kind in our region for newcomer families. Thank you so much for the training, I constantly go back to the training to get ideas for classes. The materials are invaluable to me and now I’m teaching family and kids yoga!”Jingjing Ke, Graduate Self-Paced Training 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer, please email [email protected]
I just wanted to say thanks to you and your team for making this happen, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience and making this happen!
It was waaaaaaaay better than I expected!
YuliyaGraduate of Online Training, June 2020
Expectations to Receive Your Certificate*
Yoga Alliance has approved Young Yoga Masters 95 Hour Registered Children’s Yoga School Training.
- Yoga Experience: We recommend that you have completed a minimum of 40 adult yoga classes (of any style) before embarking on this teacher training program.
- Internet Access: You require internet access to join the real-time Zoom Calls and to view the prerecorded training and manuals.
- Self-Paced Training: The videos are on our learning platform through Teachable here. Training videos are edited recordings of a cohort completing the training, supplemented by videos from your trainers, and multiple choice assessments. You are expected to complete 90% of each video to advance to the next lecture.
- Real-Time Training Hours on Zoom: In the Mentorship and Business Accelerator you are expected to complete 23 Hours of Training. A minimum of 14 of the 23 hour must be attended in real-time on Zoom. Sessions will also be recorded and the replay available after, however only attending these events in real-time will count toward your real-time training hours. Students are responsible for tracking their 14 hours of real-time attendance.
- Practicum Hours – You Teach Kids Yoga Classes: to meet the Yoga Alliance standards for a Registered Children’s Yoga School training, you are required to teach 4 hours of kids yoga as the lead teacher. All the details for you to teach these will be provided in the training. You are NOT required to record yourself teaching. A written report of your classes is required.
- Quizzes: Each module has a multiple-choice quiz,
- Module Certificate: Once the training hours, quiz, and practicum requirements are successfully completed, you are issued a Certificate online for each module you complete.
- FAQ’s: For more details of the training, click on the modules above. See our Frequently Asked Questions to see more about the training.
* You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take the Young Yoga Masters training.
Yoga Alliance requirements to become a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher include:
- 200 Hour Certificate (Adult) from a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School
- 95 Hour Certificate from a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School
- 30 Hours of experience teaching yoga to children after completing your 95 Hour Certificate.
- See full details on the Yoga Alliance website here. Or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
Policies, Waivers, Transfers, Refunds
- The Yoga Alliance RCYS 95 Hour Certificate will only be granted upon successful completing of 95 hours of training, at least 14 of classroom hours must be real-time hours from the training in the Mentorship + Business Accelerator Module.
- If there are breakdowns in technology at Zoom or Teachable, all efforts will be made to rectify the problems in a timely manner. Check-in meetings will resume asap. Young Yoga Masters reserves the right to substitute trainers, cancel or reschedule the check-in meetings in the event a trainer becomes unavailable for any reason.
- Fee to Transfer to the 2024 Cohort: Yoga Alliance (YA) has changed the online training provisions for 2024 and requires all training to include 15% synchronous training (either online or in-person). Due to the nature of these changes an admin fee of USD $250/CAD $300 will be required from any student who has not completed the training by Dec. 31, 2023 and requests to transfer to the 2024 training under the new YA requirements. This fee cover the costs for:
- a review of what you have already completed,
- a personalized path for you to complete the training in 2024 under the current Yoga Alliance standards,
- enrollment in the updated RCYS training
- Requests to transfer must be emailed to: info (at) youngyogamasters.com and the transfer fee must be paid before the transfer is complete.
- Once a person has registered for a training module and receives access to the manuals, downloads, and recorded training, there are no refunds.
By registering for the Training you agree to both complete:
Why Register with Young Yoga Masters?
5 Fundamentals of the Young Yoga Masters Training:
- Yoga is more than Pretending to be Animals: Playful animal poses are fun but if that is all you teach you will start to feel like you are putting on a show rather than sharing ancient wisdom. The Young Yoga Masters program incorporates powerful yoga philosophy in kid-friendly lesson plans. You will deepen your own understanding of yoga as you learn to explain it in a way a three-year-old can understand.
- Learn from a Variety of Trainers to Discover Your Voice as a Teacher: You train with more than one trainer in our 96 Hour program and you will always have opportunities for live, interactive training sessions so you get to learn from the other students. This way, you can see the different ways to teach yoga to children. We don’t want you to copy one teacher, we support you to become an authentic teacher, one who embraces their personal style and who encourages children to be authentic too.
- You need a Lot of Activities: You cannot teach kids the way you would teach an adult yoga class. Children are fickle yogis, who don’t have much of a filter. A few activities and games will get you through a class series, but if you teach 40 or 50 weeks a year, you need a lot of activities, or the kids will start complaining, or worse, not want to come to class. Our training has over 300 tested activities for yoga classes that keep kids engaged. This encourages kids to keep coming to yoga class so you get to keep teaching!
- Structure and Flexibility: Our recorded training is a combination of training with your trainers and viewing the a cohort completing the training. You won’t be looking at one person talking into a camera for hours. You’ll be listening in on real conversations and questions from the teacher training cohort. You’ll get what you need to go into classes prepared. Plus you’ll explore how flexibility and boundaries are created for safety and sanity in your classes. This is a winning combination of highly effective teachers.
- You need to Teach Kids to Become a Kids Yoga Teacher: Yoga Alliance requires that a graduate of a Kids Yoga Teacher Training has taught actual children. It makes sense! In the Young Yoga Masters training, you will meet the required four hours as lead teacher in kids yoga classes. This means you don’t just pretend to teach, you get actual experience. Plus, now you can learn how to teach online too. You will see how this Yoga Alliance requirement creates confident yoga and mindfulness teachers who have actually taught kids!
These fundamentals create a unique, outstanding training experience.
Choose Young Yoga Masters
You’ll be Glad You Did!
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate