Note: This is a Self-Paced and Live-Zoom Training. All materials are provided in PDF format. Hard copies of props are only provided in the in-person training.
Support for Kids Yoga Teachers
Are you ready to put yourself out there as a kids yoga teacher? In this 23 Hour Certificate you will get real-time mentorship, feedback, and self-paced training to develop your business plan to start teaching.
Build your business and creating your plan for a successful children’s yoga career designed for your goals.
Note: There are very few new kids yoga activities or games in this module. This training is for building upon the training you’ve already completed. It is recommended for those who are:
- registered in the 95 Hour Young Yoga Masters training,
- graduates of the 95 Hour training,
- experienced at teaching yoga and mindfulness to children,
- motivated to build their short term and long-term business plans as a kids yoga teacher,
- looking for personalized support to plan their packages, pricing, and programs.
About the Business Accelerator + Mentorship Certificate:
You’ll get a combination of real-time and recorded training to:
- Create a plan for branching out to provide classes in studios, daycare, school programs, or private classes
- Examine effective advertising, networking, and marketing strategies.
- Consider when and how to volunteer.
- How to offer alternative classes like Yoga Camps, workshops, or combination classes.
Aruna has been a full time yoga teacher since 2001. She has the experience to guide you as you begin teaching new kids yoga classes. In this module you will learn:
- Real-Time Planning: you will get more clear on your next steps and priorities based on your personal goals for teaching yoga to children. You’ll get support to break down your goals into achievable actions to move you forward.
- Design a Curriculum for Your Yoga Program: you’ll look at the principles of designing an effective curriculum for the places you want to teach. Whether its a series for a softball team, bringing yoga into your classroom, childcare centre, or therapy office, or teaching in a studio, you’ll have time to work on your personal project and get feedback from your trainer and other participants.
- Authentic and Ethical Business Practices: Best Practices for building your yoga class, advertising, and keeping in contact with your students that build a community of like minded individuals who are happy to refer new people to you. You’ll have time to start or update your business plan so you are ready to go out and bring yoga and mindfulness to children.
- Kids Yoga Camps: Slow times, like school holiday time, can become opportunities by offering Yoga Camps. Those interested will look at sample camp schedules and pricing.
- How to Price Your Services: We’ll hold the space for you to explore the market rate for yoga in your area, how much to charge. Then you’ll consider what your ideal schedule looks like and what it would take for you to be become a part-time or full time yoga teacher.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Advertising: Test yourself like the pros do, to learn to create enticing advertisements based on results not hunches.
- Networking and Advertising: What works and what is a waste of money.
- 5 Essentially Free On-line Resources: That can help you build your Yoga Classes, network, advertise, and keep in touch.
- Create an Action Plan for You Next Yoga Sessions: You’ll have time to work on your personal action plan to fulfill your teaching goals then get and give feedback on your plan with others who share similar goals.
Want to learn more about:
- Curriculum Design and Business Planning for Kids Yoga Teachers Manual: Filled with tools to start your personal action plan to teach yoga to children.
- Action Plans and Checklist: For planning new classes, networking and advertising.
- Sample Lesson Plans: For Kids Yoga Camps.
- Monthly Real-time Support: You can connect with Aruna every week or month based on your needs. Check-in on your progress and ask questions about implementing tools and resources to build your business.
Just Imagine Teaching as a Career
Once you’ve completed your kids yoga training it’s time to put those skills to use and start building a career you love.
Meet Your Instructor
Aruna Kathy Humphrys – The Founder of Young Yoga Masters
Aruna is an internationally recognized expert in teaching kids yoga and a sought after speaker and trainer around the world and locally in Ontario, Canada. She is the author of the online kids yoga teacher training programs The Frog Yoga Alphabet Games and Manual, Yoga Man vs. The Stressor: Yoga for Boys Games for Stress Reduction, founder of Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training and co-founder of Ambassador Yoga 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training. Aruna is read by thousands of new and experienced yoga teachers through the Young Yoga Masters blog.
Aruna has been teaching kids yoga for 20 years including one local Montessori School where she has been teaching since 2000. She has taught adult/child yoga and children’s yoga at a community center for 12 years. She led weekly after school classes in the pre-school, kinder, junior, and senior school age rooms at a daycare for 10 years. Aruna has also taught family yoga, kids camps, and children’s yoga class at a variety of yoga studios, schools, and yoga conferences in Canada and the United States.
I have earned back more than the tuition!
After taking only one of the modules, I felt confident enough to approach schools to start teaching. I was teaching children after only one weekend of training. Eight months later, by my last module of training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes in daycare centers and have been paid for my teaching. I have already earned back more the tuition for the Certification.– Z.J. Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Come advance your business with the support of someone who has walked this path.
Registration is now open for the next Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning for Kids Yoga Teachers.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate