From April 16 – May 16 I’ve had three extraordinary weekends. It was a great escape from the ordinary. The three pictures below are from three Young Yoga Masters trainings held on three different weekends at three different studios. It was a powerful month with many sincere and wonderful people, the kind of people who really care about kids!
And I don’t want my adventure to end! I love seeing everyone come in a little quiet, wondering about this new experience. Soon we bring out the child in ourselves. Learning together, yoga-ing together, meditating together, working together, playing together and even a little dancing together. Soon everyone is smiling, new connections form, and friends have been made.
This training is specially designed to bring out the non-competitive aspects of yoga not only for kids but also for us as teachers.
Like this picture from the Kids Yoga Teacher Training Course at Moksha Yoga Milton. Joe, who’s teaching in this picture, did my training in 2009 and now he teaches two kids classes a week. These are kids whose parents are taking an adult class in the hot room at the same time. These classes are a real service for the parents, kids, and the studio. There are so many kids to teach!
Joe arranged for me to do this training at his studio. All the trainees joined his kids class and he taught a part from the curriculum. It was invaluable to see the kids having so much fun doing the yoga from the course.
The next weekend training was at the Lotus Yoga Centre in Toronto. In the above picture you can see everyone getting into the spirit of kids yoga, playing one of the kids yoga games. All the games in the course are co-operative – as in no one gets “out.” They are really fun but also develop focus, awareness, and health.
And finally a big shout out to all the folks from last weekend’s training at TULA Studio. It was a great mix of those from yoga backgrounds as well as those who already work with kids in other settings. In the Young Yoga Masters training we draw on the experience and knowledge of those attending. The last part of the training is how to create your own classes, and everyone sees how they can put their own stamp on their kids class.
The trainings were a big success and all three studios are interested in hosting the Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training again.
For a Weekend Out of the Ordinary
Now, my goal is to continue with extraordinary adventures and bring the Young Yoga Masters training to new frontiers and I need your help. If you like reading the Young Yoga Masters blog, if you love yoga, and if you really care about kids, I want to come to your area for a weekend Kids Yoga Teacher Training.
Contact me to find out more information and also how you can take the training for free.
E-mail: [email protected] for more details.
Why settle for another regular weekend, when you can explore the fabulous world of Kids Yoga. You’ll be glad you did!
Aruna Kathy Humphrys
P.S. Thanks to everyone who entered to win the kids yoga book: Once Upon a Pose by Donna Freeman. The random winner of the book is
Shani Butler who said:
Thanks for always sharing! I am excited to check out this new book. Sounds like it will have some fresh ideas for my preschool & elementary school yoga classes! Thanks!!
Toronto Weekend Certifications: Spring 2019
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. April 27-28, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.