Why Meditation with Children?
Do you meditate? If you have a regular practice of meditation or if you have tried it a few times you may know how good you feel afterwards.
Or you may find it excruciating! You may find every second feels like five, and you want to open your eyes and check the clock or make sure the teacher hasn’t fallen asleep.
Well the same is true for teaching children about meditation, some kids love it and some find it difficult.
How To Meditate with Children
I was interviewed by Donna Freeman of The Kids Yoga Academy on her radio show.
If you are interested in teaching your kids how to meditate I suggest you give it a listen. Some of the most memorable experiences I’ve had have been from teaching kids about meditation including the story of one boy who used meditation to help him when his parents were getting divorced.
You can listen here:
All this is leading up to a few important events that will give you highly effective meditation techniques. If you want to teach your kids about meditation, to take their yoga beyond pretending to be animals, there are meditation activities included in all the weekend Kids Yoga Teacher Certificates we offer.
You may be amazed how much children enjoy meditation when you know which ones to teach. Just like the kids in these pictures, you can teach meditation to kids and give them an experience to overcome the challenges. Then, as the story in the interview describes, they will know what to do when they are faced with unavoidable stress.
Now that is something worth passing on to children!
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19 + Oct. 2*: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 12, 19, 26 + Nov. 2 (Tuesday’s)*: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 + 27: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*Yoga Alliance’s Online Training Provision allows for both self-paced (watching recorded training) and/or Live Zoom Training. You can choose a combination of these that works for you.
You’ll be glad you did it!