Why Meditation with Children?
Do you meditate? If you have a regular practice of meditation or if you have tried it a few times you may know how good you feel afterwards.
Or you may find it excruciating! You may find every second feels like five, and you want to open your eyes and check the clock or make sure the teacher hasn’t fallen asleep.
Well the same is true for teaching children about meditation, some kids love it and some find it difficult.
How To Meditate with Children
I was interviewed by Donna Freeman of The Kids Yoga Academy on her radio show.
If you are interested in teaching your kids how to meditate I suggest you give it a listen. Some of the most memorable experiences I’ve had have been from teaching kids about meditation including the story of one boy who used meditation to help him when his parents were getting divorced.
You can listen here:
All this is leading up to a few important events that will give you highly effective meditation techniques. If you want to teach your kids about meditation, to take their yoga beyond pretending to be animals, there are meditation activities included in all the weekend Kids Yoga Teacher Certificates we offer.
You may be amazed how much children enjoy meditation when you know which ones to teach. Just like the kids in these pictures, you can teach meditation to kids and give them an experience to overcome the challenges. Then, as the story in the interview describes, they will know what to do when they are faced with unavoidable stress.
Now that is something worth passing on to children!
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.