Life and family can require mediation! Why not try this simple meditation that lets you:
A Good Hair Day!
This simple meditation is done while brushing your child’s hair. For each stroke of the brush you make, say one positive comment to your child out loud. You may start with simple compliments like:
- I love you
- You are beautiful
- You are so much fun to be with
- Your smile is remarkable
- list your child’s endearing characteristics to make it as personal as possible – but keep them positive and in the moment
Then as you proceed you can say your favorite mantra, quote, or piece of wisdom aloud. You can say them to your child, say them together or say them “call and answer” style (one says it and the other repeats). Decide which ones to say or who goes first. Some of my favorites are from my Teacher:
- Your attitude of gratitude determines your altitude (could be 2 strokes for the longer sayings)
- Follow your bliss
- Listen to your heart.
Have fun with your child, count even little strokes of the brush. Ask your child to try this special meditation with you one time to see if they like it. My niece, who hated to brush her hair, actually sat totally still while I stroked her hair giving her one compliment after another. The next day she came to me with the hair bush to do it again.
Not only will this meditation help you get ready, it adds significance to the time we take to care for ourselves and let ourselves shine. Every child needs to learn the importance of personal grooming to reflect their inner confidence and feeling of divinity, known as Raja (royal) yoga. This sweet meditation is adding a stroke of genius to your child’s routine.
For more information on upcoming Kid’s Yoga training click here.
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.