Free Kids Yoga Activities for Halloween
Young Yoga Masters is celebrating this October with free treats! Our Four Year Blog-iversary passed and Halloween is just around the corner. To thank you for staying connected we’ve got a free treat and Halloween fun for you and the children celebrating with you. Lets make this Halloween a little more fun and healthy.
We’ve got three delights for our blog party:
- A Healthy Treat so you can shell-out a little yoga.
- A Fear Filled Story for Introducing your Kids Yoga Lesson Plan
- A Halloween Song that will get children stretching and breathing.
A Healthy Halloween Treat You Can Shell-Out
At my house we get about 100 kids on Halloween that I’m going to experiment on this year.
I’m giving out edible treats (I don’t want my house egged) AND I’m slipping in a Yoga Coloring page to each unsuspecting costumed visitor. I’ll post their reactions on Facebook and Twitter next week (#healthyhalloween).
Now you can also print these yoga coloring pages – as many as you want. The two pictures you see in this blog post are yours by clicking below. You’re invited to share this link with anyone who also wants a healthy treat to give kids.
FREE PRINTABLE COLORING PAGES CLICK HERE:
A Halloween Story for Yoga with Kids
Try introducing your Halloween lesson plan to add some real yoga to your fun:
Once upon a time a man traveled home at night by the light of the moon. He walked nimbly almost holding his breath because everyone said a deadly cobra lived beside the road. Just as he approached the final bend he felt something brush against the front of his ankle. Panicking he ran the last block screaming and shaking his leg.
Throwing himself beneath the light of his front porch he expected to see a snake wrapped around his ankle. What he in fact saw was a child’s skipping rope.
This old yoga story shows us how we don’t see clearly when fear takes over. Remember it when you trick or treat and come upon a scary house with spiders and witches. If you relax and breath you shed some light on the situation.
When you drop the fear you’ll see those spiders aren’t moving because they’re made of plastic.
And the person wearing that big black hat looks a lot like your friends mom and she’s holding a bowl of candy.
Today who wants to do some yoga to dispel fear so we can get lots of candy on Halloween?
A Halloween Song with Yoga Movements
Then you can launch into a warm up with this song:
Five Little Pumpkins
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said, “Oh my its getting late.”
(stay in chair pose and point to your watch)
The second one said, “There are witches in the air.”
(come upright and stretch arms in the air)
The third one said, “Oh we don’t care.”
(swoop arms down near the floor bending your knees)
The fourth one said, “Let’s run and run and run.”
(run on the spot)
The fifth one said, “I’m ready for some fun!”
(squat down slowly then jump up on “fun”)
OOOOOOOOOHHH went the wind
(stand with hands on waist and bend forward from left to right blowing like wind)
and OUT went the lights
(stretch arms to sides then clap hands on “out”)
and the five little pumpkins rolled out of site.
(rolly polly hands)
When the kids exclaim AGAIN, AGAIN you will be warmed up after one or two reps of this Halloween favorite.
Happy Halloween to everyone and thanks again for reading. If you decide to give out the yoga coloring pages or have any ideas to share for a healthier Halloween leave a comment.
Become a Kids Yoga Teacher!
Discover Real Yoga and Real Fun in the Young Yoga Masters kids yoga teacher training weekend. Come join us and give yourself a weekend to refresh and renew your practice.
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.