Earth Day Kids Yoga
Earth Day is April 22, but lets think of everyday to be earth day!
In honour of Mother Earth I have three strange and unusual yoga things planned for yoga class today:
- Earth Yoga: We lie down on the floor and begin jumping all parts of the body like popcorn. First we lie on our back, then do it again lying on our front. Both are very grounding as all parts of the body are lifted then dropped back down improving circulation.
- Sun Salutations: A little talk about the earth element, rooting down, and being grounded as we do the Sun Salutation. The light of the sun brings the earth to life. The light within us warms our lives. Yoga helps our inner light to shine in our lives.
- Earth is Manifestation: The Earth represents manifestation. When we relax today we’ll have a daydreaming session about what kind of life you want to manifest. Unfortunately we don’t have time to draw in these classes (they’re only 30 minutes). The kids will have to paint a picture in their minds eye.
Young Yoga Masters Updates
- I’d also like to invite everyone to click here to listen to Donna Freeman (Yoga In My School blog) interviewing me about Yoga for Boys. I give some useful tips for motivating boys to do yoga, themes I use with boys, and my favorite exercises for boys.
- Upcoming Kids Yoga Teacher Trainings: Check here and find out when you can get your next certificate as a Kids Yoga Teacher. Sign up ASAP to reserve your spot before the course is filled.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Happy Earth Day,
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.