I just can’t resist passing on this TED talk with chef Jamie Oliver. He became an inspiration for me after he did the TV series on changing the food served in school cafeterias (watch to around the 10 minute mark for Oliver’s rant on this topic).
But one of the most jaw dropping part comes around the 11:30 mark where kids try to identify common vegetables – and get most of them wrong.
And the wheelbarrow full of sugar is just from the MILK kids drink at school over five years.
Take a moment and watch the video and find out how all these problems are treatable!
Today’s kids are expected to live 10 years less than we are expected to live. All because of unhealthy eating and living. The future of kids yoga needs to include Yogic eating. This will help teachers develop a healthy yoga business and a healthy lifestyle. We can educate kids, parents, and even other teachers about yogic eating. It includes healthy foods, snacks, and how to cook healthy meals (especially vegetarian).
Once you know how, cooking at home is less expensive, taste better, and according to Jamie Oliver, helps you live longer.
Jamie Oliver and a thousand smiling yogis agree!
We’re moving Online!
- Themes and Dreams:April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga:April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy: May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age), Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children: May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning: June 6, 7, 9, 11