The C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital through the University of Michigan, released the results of a study this month that listed the top ten concerns that US adults have for children – in order:
Top 10 US Children’s Health Concerns 2009
Child Health Concern
percent rated as “big problem” in 2009
- Childhood Obesity 42%
- Drug Abuse 36%
- Smoking and Tobacco Use 32%
- Bullying 31%
- Internet Safety 31%
- Child Abuse and Neglect 29%
- Alcohol Abuse 26%
- Stress 26%
- Not enough opportunities for physical activity 25%
- Teen Pregnancy 24%
In fact the study showed that Childhood Obesity ranked number one across all race/ethnicities and income levels.
My Prescription: Yoga!
If you’ve wondered what parents are concerned about – this may help you focus your classes and advertising – each result could be a class theme or a bullet point on a flyer!
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*2021 Dates Pending Yoga Alliance extension of online training provision.
You’ll be glad you did it!