Without effective advertising its hard to get a studio yoga class going, even though you know it will be a great class. If you are thinking of teaching a kids yoga class, your advertising can make a big difference in the success of your program.
Kids Yoga Series
Enter into the world of raja (royal) yoga as we take a four week journey to the centre of our being and discover who we really are. We will explore four themes using yoga, meditation, stories, and games:· Courage – the courage to be me
· Imagination – Everything made is created with imagination
· Strength – Strength of body, mind, and character
· Friendship – being friends and being alone (attachment and detachment)
I enjoyed designing this because it had a bit of a Narnia theme, a little mystical, and also very playful. It also touches on themes that will help kids with their self-esteem, health, and relationships. But the ad doesn’t actually list this, rather it says how we will have fun doing this.
The class started yesterday and at the beginning of the class the mom’s were very excited dropping the kids off and wondering what we would be doing. At the start of the class I asked the kids if they knew what our class was about. No one knew.
Did you hear about The Lion and the Princess? No. (Many of them probably did hear but just didn’t remember)
One thing I learned quickly when I decided to teach yoga full time is you have to learn about advertising. It was hard to enter into this world that at first did not seem yogic at all. Then after some practice, learning about it actually helps you get really clear on what you are doing. When you narrow down what you offer into a few compelling words, it helps in all your classes. Advertising starts to become creative and fun.
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.