Without effective advertising its hard to get a studio yoga class going, even though you know it will be a great class. If you are thinking of teaching a kids yoga class, your advertising can make a big difference in the success of your program.
Kids Yoga Series
Enter into the world of raja (royal) yoga as we take a four week journey to the centre of our being and discover who we really are. We will explore four themes using yoga, meditation, stories, and games:· Courage – the courage to be me
· Imagination – Everything made is created with imagination
· Strength – Strength of body, mind, and character
· Friendship – being friends and being alone (attachment and detachment)
I enjoyed designing this because it had a bit of a Narnia theme, a little mystical, and also very playful. It also touches on themes that will help kids with their self-esteem, health, and relationships. But the ad doesn’t actually list this, rather it says how we will have fun doing this.
The class started yesterday and at the beginning of the class the mom’s were very excited dropping the kids off and wondering what we would be doing. At the start of the class I asked the kids if they knew what our class was about. No one knew.
Did you hear about The Lion and the Princess? No. (Many of them probably did hear but just didn’t remember)
One thing I learned quickly when I decided to teach yoga full time is you have to learn about advertising. It was hard to enter into this world that at first did not seem yogic at all. Then after some practice, learning about it actually helps you get really clear on what you are doing. When you narrow down what you offer into a few compelling words, it helps in all your classes. Advertising starts to become creative and fun.
We’re moving Online!
- Themes and Dreams:April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga:April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy: May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age), Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children: May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning: June 6, 7, 9, 11