How can a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Certification help you as a Kids’ Yoga Teacher?
If you want to level up in your kids’ yoga teacher career, you might have considered registering with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT).
Yoga Alliance Requirements for Kids Yoga Teachers
To register with Yoga Alliance as a RCYT you need these two training requirements:
- 200-Hour Adult Yoga Teacher Certificate (with an RYS)
- 95-Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certificate (with an RCYS)
Plus these Teaching Requirements
- Has at least 30 hours of teaching experience in children’s yoga since completing training with an RCYS
You can see by these requirements, you do not need to have your RCYT designation to teach yoga to children. If you did, you’d never be able to get the 30 hours of experience.
5 Reasons People get the RCYT Designation:
- To feel proud of having the highest most recognized qualification for children’s yoga teachers.
- To deepen your understanding of yoga with both the 95 our children’s yoga training and the 200 our adult yoga training.
- When the children you teach become tweens and teens, you can give them a more age appropriate yoga experience.
- To get discounts on your insurance and other younger related perks only available to those with the qualifications.
- So you can become a children’s yoga trainer and open your own yoga school with yoga Alliance.
Consider the 200 Hour Training
The trainers talk about what happens in this training and the doors the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training can open for you as a Children’s Yoga Teacher. We will be the lead trainers for the upcoming Certification starting in September.
You can watch the replay here:
Yoga Alliance’s online training provisions extend until Dec. 31, 2023. This gives you enough time to get your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification over the next year.
Registration is now open for the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification. Check out all the details here:
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate