Did you ever notice how the word “news” has “new” in it? I guess its obvious but I noticed it when I started planning the summer. Mostly I think of news as doom and gloom. But when I realize it probably started a long time ago with someone saying, “Hey, what’s NEW?” News is way better from the NEW perspective.
I’ve got NEWs.
New York City Get Ready!
First, I’m very excited to be taking a girls-only trip to New York city. We’re leaving behind our husbands and jetting off to the Big Apple playground. It happens that in Central Park they are trying to break the World Record for the largest Yoga Class. I’ve got my free ticket but you know how New York can be with so much to do.
But what I’m really wondering is – Can anyone recommend a good Vegetarian restaurant?
The First NEWs is New York city, but there’s still New Courses and New Starts.
Announcing New Courses:
New Kids yoga Teacher Training courses in Ontario, Canada. I invite you to join me. The dates are here or in the upper right corner of my website. While I love writing the free blog – these trainings are my business. I’m here to tell you, you CAN make a living teaching yoga. But in my opinion it’s easier if you specialize. I didn’t know it 12 year ago, but specializing in kids yoga was one of the best moves I made, especially as more and more teachers graduate. You want to stand out from the crowd.
If you want to become a kids yoga teacher I’d love to see you in Ontario. Last May, one person flew here from Mexico (hi Valeria!) for the course and she was happy she did. She said,
Everything was useful! The fact of seeing the Class Creator and the
structure of classes really helped me start to imagine how my own classes could be.
I didn’t have an idea of how to teach children without being like a clown
and doing animal poses.
Aruna really explains everything clearly and is completely honest
because she reveals some secrets and shares the resources.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Loved the course. Wow!!! : )
– Valeria Dagnino Ibanez
Yoga Teacher, Mexico
Did I also mention how beautiful Canada is in the summer? It truly is. If you want to try something NEW and USEFUL, check out the upcoming trainings.
And finally, the New Start.
My husband sometimes accuses me of expecting him to read my mind. After one such… discussion, I also realized new blog readers may have a similar experience when they first visit my blog.
In the information age – the problem is not knowledge – its sifting through all the knowledge. I’ve got 181 posts! Where to start? You can’t read my mind.
So my New Start is a New “Get Started Here” page. It has 5 blog posts to get you oriented. And one of my favorite funny stories of when a 2 1/2 year old girl peed on my yoga mat. If you’ve recently found my blog – you may find this link helpful. It’s on the blue toolbar at the top of the website.
So what’s new with you?
Wishing you all great New’s. I’ll be back late next week to tell you about New York City. But if you have any recommendations for New York City veggie dining, or other not to be missed things, please leave a comment.
– Aruna Humphrys
Toronto Weekend Certifications: Spring 2019
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. April 27-28, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.