Sometimes people talk about not wanting to brainwash kids with yoga ideas. Is it fair to tell kids all this “yoga philosophy” while they are young – before they can think for themselves – they wonder.
May I suggest you watch the video below and you’ll see that THE BRAINWASHING HAS ALREADY BEGUN.
If your kids are plugged in, in any way – whether it is TV, Internet, games, movies, even their clothing and lunchboxes – there are people trying to brainwash them into becoming believers in their product.
These companies are very strategically and deliberately trying to create customers, loyal customers who are devoted to their products. They want them to become lifelong basketball fans, porshe drivers, and soda drinkers. They want kids to think their product is not just a product – but stands for something that is cool, right, and important.
So if you ask me if I’m trying to brainwash kids with yoga ideas: you better believe I am.
I don’t feel bad about it one single bit. I know the seeds I’m planting are to create lifelong yoga devotees. People who think for ourselves, live creatively and with imaginative, and understand what true success and happiness are all about. I also want kids to think yoga is not just a physical product – but stands for something that is cool, right, and important.
What about you – who else will admit to trying to brainwash kids?!
I wonder, once a corporation admits to targeting children in advertising, do they get better at it?
Thanks to Daughter of Zion where I saw this video.
P.S. There are a still spots left for my upcoming Saturday afternoon workshops on The Foundation of True Success. Register early to save!
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate