I’m getting ready for this weekend’s Kids Yoga Teacher Training Course. There are places available if you’d like to join us and I’ve extended the early registration deal. Plus, spring is one of the best times to visit Toronto, Canada, and the weather will be great. Here’s the info.
So this week rather than an article I’ll point out a resource that I’ve found very helpful called:
Every Kids’ Teacher Needs a Few Good Props
I found this website when I was looking for ideas for props for a kids yoga class I was doing with babies in a daycare. It was my first time teaching babies who were just learning to walk! This website helped me with ideas for toys based on the child’s age. Plus they have some excellent articles like this page:
Contest for those living in the USA
Unfortunately they only deliver in the USA so I’ve had to look for the products they offer at places in my country. But fortunately for any US blog readers they are having a contest to win some gift certificates for their prizes. Since I’m not eligible, I’ve made an arrangement that any people living in the USA who leave a comment can have a chance to win.
Tell Us Your Favorite Prop!
Leave a comment naming your favorite toy to play with kids in your yoga class or at home. I would have to say my favorites are my stuffed animals – it seems like kids of all ages like stuffed animals for a long time. Even if you don’t live in the USA – I’d love to hear from you. Just leave your favorite toy or prop and the country where you live in the comments!
Here’s what e-Beanstalk says about babies:
Ebeanstalk is dedicated to a baby’s development. And we select the best baby toys matched to a baby’s development. To see great information on how a baby grows up, check out the info on our baby toys page.
Picking toys for a baby is not as simple as it sounds. Here are some quick baby facts:
- Toys for a newborn baby: A newborn baby is briefly looking at objects and attempting to imitate facial expressions. They can follow objects with their eyes and usually quiet down, when they are picked up.
- Toys for a three month old: They will enjoy ‘frolic play’, reaching for objects and will repeat enjoyable activities. Believe it or not, they will respond to ‘no’ (about half the time) and will start babbling.
- Toys for a six month old: They’ll search for hidden objects (object permanence). They’ll reach for themselves in the mirror, play peekaboo, crumple paper, roll from their stomach to their back and even respond to their name.
- Toys for a nine month old: They are pushing toy cars, playing pat-a-cake and looking for hidden sounds. The baby toys they are playing with are also getting more fun.
If you find something you like there you can use code TGS345 to get a 15% discount on your first purchase. Even if you can’t buy from this site, you will find some good ideas for props and games for your kids class where ever you are.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*2021 Dates Pending Yoga Alliance extension of online training provision.
You’ll be glad you did it!