I’ve been writing Teaching Kids Yoga for just under a year now and it has slowly grown to find those people who are interested in bringing kids some powerful yoga tools.
My teacher, Tulshi Sen, often quotes a wise proverb: “Fools learn from their own mistakes, the wise learn from the mistakes of others.”Before the giveaway begins, let’s put the market research we’ve been doing and what we have learned from others to good use. Hopefully you have contacted some daycares and found out what they are looking for and if there is a market for your yoga classes. If it looks good to continue teaching kids yoga in your area we’ve got to put that information to use now.
Let’s carry our Market Research a step further. Market research is all around you so let’s learn how to put together a good advertisement. You’ll find most marketing involves reducing your product or service to a few words or a sentence at the most. Take a look:
A company selling yoga DVD’s expresses it nicely:
Last month I was contacted by Katie from Acacia Lifestyle. She found my blog and contacted me about networking with a cross promotion.
I found out Acacia Lifestyle launched in 2006 and is Acorn Media’s healthy joyful living brand. Acacia offers a wide variety of workouts including yoga, tai chi, Qi Gong, total body, dance, back pain and yes … even a video called: Yoga for Young Bodies.
As you think about your business and how to promote it, take a look around you to see what there is to learn right under your nose. Not everyone reading is Canadian or American, but everyone can learn from current events to see what is important to people now. You’ll reduce your research budget by learning from others.
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.