I’ve been posting about how to get jobs teaching kids yoga in daycares and other venues.
Start by doing market research to help you get information for your promotional material and to network in the field. You’ll also save yourself time if you find there really is no market in your area, maybe everyone thinks yoga is to strange and you have to position your classes and playful stretching or movement classes.
As you build your Information Interview Questions (see my last post) these are some that have been useful to me:
Examples of Information Interview Questions:
- How many students do you have now in your (school, daycare, studio). Many daycares will know the exact number for their full capacity – but you could ask studios with multiple choice (under 15 students, 16-25, 26-35 etc.).
- Have you offered special programs to your students like music, sports, or art? Were they taught by your staff or did you bring someone in?
- Did you find your teachers by word of mouth or referrals? Did you look for them, or did they contact you?
- Does (name of organization) have a mandate to address any particular issues for your students like health, obesity, autism, ADD/ADHD?
- Do you have a budget for special programs? If yes, what budget has been allotted for these programs and how many events do you try to hold with your budget? What price range has been paid for these programs in the past?
- What is the most you have paid for a program, and what made it worth it?
- Are there any suggestions you have for someone entering this field?
- Is there anyone else you suggest I talk to?
These are questions that have worked for me, but use your instincts when it comes to appropriate questions and developing your business!
If you try an information interview, let me know how it goes in the comments.
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.