Welcome to the Kids Yoga Teacher Certification!
Thank you for your registration for the upcoming Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Young Yoga Masters.
Here is the general information about the trainings at Dovercourt House. Please refer to your registration for the dates of the course(s) you have chosen or
The course is taking place at:
805 Dovercourt Ave., Toronto, ON, M6H 2X4
(1 1/2 blocks north of Bloor, 5 blocks east of Dufferin)
Course Hours and Registration:
- Saturday 9 am-6 pm (one hour lunch break)
- Sunday 9 am – 6 pm (one hour lunch break)
- There will be 3 hours of Kids Yoga Classes – hours to be announced soon
Directions and Parking:
- Dress to do yoga and bring your yoga mat: Dovercourt House is a large dance studio with wood floors. Bring your yoga mat and cushions for sitting on the floor. Chairs are available, but not yoga mats, so if you need a mat, let us know in advance. Dress in layers to do yoga.
- Parking: we recommend parking in the Green P Parking lots on Salem Ave, Ossington Ave, and Bartlett Ave, the cost is about $4 to park until 6 pm. Street parking is free but limited to
3 hours at a time. If you choose street parking, be sure to check the signs carefully to make sure you are parking on the correct side of the arrow – they ticket regularly.
- Directions by Public Transport: From Ossington Subway Station, take the Delaware exit (from the underground level). Walk 1 block North to Northumberland St., then 1 block West to Dovercourt Rd. and turn North (right). The building is adjacent to the Salvation Army Parking Lot on the East side.
Lunch: We will take a one hour lunch break on Saturday and Sunday. Feel free to bring a lunch, there is a fridge and microwave in the studio. There are a variety of restaurants in the area on Bloor Street. A kettle and tea will also be available.
- Course Materials and Manual will be given out at the course. Please bring a pen and notebook.
- Water: Please bring your own water bottle. There is tap water available in the dance studio.
- Certificates: These will be given out on Sunday at the end of the course. Please note, you must attend the full course or make other arrangements in advance to receive your certificate on Sunday.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): If you have any other questions check out the FAQ page.
If you have any questions contact:
Modules: Yoga Literacy, Themes and Dreams, Inclusive Yoga, and Branching Out
Lead Trainer: Aruna 416-944-2888 (cell) [email protected]
Modules: What I See, I Can Be, and Ages & Stages
Lead Trainer: Janet 905-501-1927 [email protected]
Thank you again for choosing to get certified with Young Yoga Masters. We look forward to seeing you for a great weekend of kid’s yoga.
Aruna Kathy Humphrys
P.S. Consider joining our mission to bring yoga to ALL kids. If you know anyone who may want to teach kids yoga in their living room, studio, or classroom, please tell them about the upcoming courses. Your referrals mean a lot!
Toronto Weekend Certifications: Spring 2019
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. April 27-28, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.