Enjoy these Yoga Classes during Kids Yoga Teacher Training Weekends:
Our next Family Yoga and Kids Yoga Classes take place during the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends in Toronto:
Themes and Dreams Weekend Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Family Yoga (all ages
- Sunday April 26, 2020, 3 – 5 pm Kids Yoga (ages 5+)
Registration Now Open. Register here to save your spot:
By filling in the registration form you agree to the terms of the Release form for Kids/Family Yoga Classes. This program is sponsored by the Young Yoga Masters—Kids Yoga Teacher Training, a Registered Children’s Yoga School.
Healthy Kids, Happy Parents!
Emerging research from Harvard Medical School* indicates that yoga for children provides so much more than fun and games. A growing body of research shows yoga improves both physical and mental health for children.
Yoga helps kids with concentration, balance, strength, self-esteem and academic performance.
The results are clear, kids yoga is highly recommended!
Give your kids the gifts of yoga at these classes in Toronto:
About the Kids and Family Yoga Classes
All our kids and family yoga classes are designed with fun in mind, so kids and families enjoy themselves while also learning valuable skills.
Come discover how yoga is good for you, relaxing, and helps you reduce worry and anxiety too.
About Family Yoga (all ages): This one hour class includes a yoga adventure with poses to get everyone moving. We have a cozy relaxation with music, where you have the option to lie down and relax or try the meditation to the music. Then finish the class with a fun yoga game!
Both adults and children are encouraged to do yoga as per their abilities. Adults can keep an eye on their kids but if your children are watching, as often happens, we encourage adults to do the yoga activity. This is usually the best way to encourage your children to participate in Family Yoga. When in doubt, your Yoga Teacher will let you know if something really needs correcting. We include partner yoga poses to bring families together as well as meditation and relaxation time appropriate for children.
- Kids Yoga (children only ages 5+): The 2 hour kids yoga camp takes place on Sunday afternoon (3-5 pm) of the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends. Each camp includes yoga adventures, mindfulness, songs and games with lots of choices and activities including craft or colouring. Guided relaxation is a favorite and kids get a much deserved rest after all the yoga poses.Parents are invited to leave their cell number and drop their kids off anytime after 2:45 pm, then pick them up at 5 pm. There are seats in the entryway where parents can wait if desired.
- Dress to do yoga and bring your yoga mat and water bottle: Dovercourt House is a large dance studio with wood floors. Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Bring your water bottle too. We have a few yoga mats that can be borrowed. Dress in layers to do yoga, crafts, and relaxation.
- Download the Kids and Family Yoga Info 2018-2019
If you’d like to be notified by email of our classes in Toronto, Kids and Family Yoga Info add your name to our kids yoga class email list:
All Family Yoga and Kids Yoga classes take place at Dovercourt House, Toronto, Ontario (Bloor and Dovercourt, see map below). Registration is available for the next weekend of classes only. We encourage you to save your space by Registering at this link. Drop-ins are permitted if space is available.
Cost of the classes are $10 per family per class.
*Studies on Children’s Yoga from Harvard Medical School – read full article here.
Location of Kids Yoga Classes in Toronto:
Dovercourt House: 805 Dovercourt Rd., Toronto, Ontario
North of Bloor St., between Duffern St. and Ossington and a short walk from Ossington Subway. There is free street parking in the area.
- Parking: Street parking on Dovercourt is free for 3 hours. If you choose street parking, be sure to check the signs carefully to make sure you are parking on the correct side of the arrows – the police ticket regularly. There are Green P Parking lots on Salem Ave, Ossington Ave, and Bartlett Ave, the cost of parking is about $4.
- Directions by Public Transport: From Ossington Subway Station, take the Delaware exit (from the underground level). Walk 1 block North to Northumberland St., then 1 block West to Dovercourt Rd., turn North (right). The building is adjacent to the Salvation Army Parking Lot on the East side.
- Attend one or both classes that are age appropriate. Preregistration is encouraged. Bring your yoga mat.
- To register for the upcoming kids yoga classes fill in your details by clicking here.
All Kids Are Welcome!
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve Moved Online!
- August 8 + 9: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 11 + 12: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 22-23: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 25: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 26: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Next round of online training starts August 2020
You’ll be glad you did it!