Free Yoga Classes:
- Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019: 1:30 – 2:30 pm Drop In Family Yoga Fun!
- Sunday Feb. 10, 3 – 5 pm: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness (ages 5 and up)
- Bring your yoga mat and water bottle
Our Next Yoga and Mindfulness Classes for Children in Toronto
Our Free* Family Yoga and Kids Yoga Classes take place during the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends in Toronto:
- Feb. 9-10, 2019 during Inclusive Yoga Teacher Training
- April 27-28, 2019 during Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training
- May 25-26, 2019 during Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning Teacher Training
Registration will open for the February classes in January. Please join the newsletter to receive an invitation.
By filling in the registration form you agree to the terms of the Release form for Kids/Family Yoga Classes. This program is sponsored by the Young Yoga Masters—Kids Yoga Teacher Training, a Registered Children’s Yoga School.
*Preregistration is required. Classes are free for those who attend. Save your space with a $10 deposit. Those who attend will be refunded their $10 deposit. These classes take place during the Mindfulness for Children – Kids Yoga Teacher Certification.
Healthy Kids, Happy Parents!
Emerging research from Harvard Medical School* indicates that yoga for children provides so much more than fun and games. A growing body of research shows yoga improves both physical and mental health for children.
Yoga helps kids with concentration, balance, strength, self-esteem and academic performance.
The results are clear, kids yoga is highly recommended!
Give your kids the gifts of yoga at these classes in Toronto:
About the Kids and Family Yoga Classes
All our kids and family yoga classes are designed with fun in mind, so kids and families enjoy themselves while also learning valuable skills.
Come discover how yoga is good for you, relaxing, and helps you reduce worry and anxiety too.
About Family Yoga (all ages): This one hour class includes a yoga adventure with poses to get everyone moving. We have a cozy relaxation with music, where you have the option to lie down and relax or try the meditation to the music. Then finish the class with a fun yoga game!
Both adults and children are encouraged to do yoga as per their abilities. Adults can keep an eye on their kids but if your children are watching, as often happens, we encourage adults to do the yoga activity. This is usually the best way to encourage your children to participate in Family Yoga. When in doubt, your Yoga Teacher will let you know if something really needs correcting. We include partner yoga poses to bring families together as well as meditation and relaxation time appropriate for children.
- Kids Yoga (children only ages 5+): The 2 hour kids yoga camp takes place on Sunday afternoon (3-5 pm) of the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends. Each camp includes yoga adventures, mindfulness, songs and games with lots of choices and activities including craft or colouring. Guided relaxation is a favorite and kids get a much deserved rest after all the yoga poses.Parents are invited to leave their cell number and drop their kids off anytime after 2:45 pm, then pick them up at 5 pm. There are seats in the entryway where parents can wait if desired.
- Dress to do yoga and bring your yoga mat and water bottle: Dovercourt House is a large dance studio with wood floors. Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Bring your water bottle too. We have a few yoga mats that can be borrowed. Dress in layers to do yoga, crafts, and relaxation.
- Download the Kids and Family Yoga Info 2018
If you’d like to be notified by email of our free classes in Toronto, Free* Kids and Family Yoga Info add your name to our kids yoga class email list:
All FREE Family Yoga and Kids Yoga classes take place at Dovercourt House, Toronto, Ontario (Bloor and Dovercourt, see map below). Registration is available for the next weekend of classes only. We encourage you to save your space by Registering at this link. Drop-ins are permitted if space is available.
These classes are free for those who attend them. However due to problems with people signing up for the free classes and then not attending we require a $10 deposit to hold your spot for the class. Those who attend the class or let us know they cannot attend with 24 Hours notice, will be refunded their $10 deposit during the week after the class. There is a simple refund process through Paypal that we will use after the weekend. If you have any questions about this process please contact: Aruna@YoungYogaMasters.com
*Studies on Children’s Yoga from Harvard Medical School – read full article here.
Location of Kids Yoga Classes in Toronto:
Dovercourt House: 805 Dovercourt Rd., Toronto, Ontario
North of Bloor St., between Duffern St. and Ossington and a short walk from Ossington Subway. There is free street parking in the area.
- Parking: Street parking on Dovercourt is free for 3 hours. If you choose street parking, be sure to check the signs carefully to make sure you are parking on the correct side of the arrows – the police ticket regularly. There are Green P Parking lots on Salem Ave, Ossington Ave, and Bartlett Ave, the cost of parking is about $4.
- Directions by Public Transport: From Ossington Subway Station, take the Delaware exit (from the underground level). Walk 1 block North to Northumberland St., then 1 block West to Dovercourt Rd., turn North (right). The building is adjacent to the Salvation Army Parking Lot on the East side.
- Attend one or both classes that are age appropriate. Preregistration is encouraged. Bring your yoga mat.
- To register for the upcoming kids yoga classes fill in your details by clicking here.
All Kids Are Welcome!
Kundalini Yoga Classes for Adults
Give your spirits a lift with these invigorating Kundalini yoga classes in the Annex area (Bloor and Bathurst) Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: Aruna@YoungYogaMasters.com
“The Power of Kundalini Yoga lies in the actual experience. It goes
right into your heart and extends your consciousness
so you may have a wider horizon of grace and knowing the truth.”
~ Yogi Bhajan
Adult Kundalini Yoga: Thursday, 6 – 7:30 pm
Kundalini Yoga and Yogi Tea Class: This Kundalini Yoga class is not only a great work out for body, mind and spirit, it’s a friendly gathering after class with Yogi tea and cookies. Yogi Tea served at 7:30 pm for those who wish to stay (no extra charge) and no preregistration required.
We’ll be doing everything we can to help each other realize our own strength and inner beauty!
Cost: $15 + hst per drop-in (drop-ins welcome at all classes)
$60 + hst for a 5 class pass – register at the class
(prices subject to change)
Aruna* has been teaching this Kundalini Yoga class in Toronto for over 15 years. It is a friendly environment in one of the most magical yoga locations in Toronto: Guru Ram Das Ashram. The classes for adults feature warm-ups, Kundalini Yoga kriya, deep relaxation, and powerful mediation teaching you powerful yoga technology for a strong body, happy mind, and joyous spirit.
Make a commitment to connect with your soul and watch how your world responds.
Like the geese who migrate in formation,
it is much easier traveling together.
Location: near College St. and Bathurst St. in the Annex of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Please e-mail for exact address. Aruna @ YoungYogaMasters. com
*Note: if Aruna is unable to teach this class, an excellent substitute teacher will be arranged.