Next Free Yoga Classes:
- Saturday, April 27, 2019: 1:30 – 2:30 pm Drop In Family Yoga Fun!
- Sunday, April 28, 3 – 5 pm: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness (ages 5 and up)
- Bring your yoga mat and water bottle
Save the Date:
Our Free* Family Yoga and Kids Yoga Classes take place during the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends in Toronto:
- May 25-26, 2019 during Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning Teacher Training
Registration Now Open. Register here to save your spot:
By filling in the registration form you agree to the terms of the Release form for Kids/Family Yoga Classes. This program is sponsored by the Young Yoga Masters—Kids Yoga Teacher Training, a Registered Children’s Yoga School.
*Preregistration is required. Classes are free for those who attend. Save your space with a $10 deposit. Those who attend will be refunded their $10 deposit. These classes take place during the Mindfulness for Children – Kids Yoga Teacher Certification.
Healthy Kids, Happy Parents!
Emerging research from Harvard Medical School* indicates that yoga for children provides so much more than fun and games. A growing body of research shows yoga improves both physical and mental health for children.
Yoga helps kids with concentration, balance, strength, self-esteem and academic performance.
The results are clear, kids yoga is highly recommended!
Give your kids the gifts of yoga at these classes in Toronto:
About the Kids and Family Yoga Classes
All our kids and family yoga classes are designed with fun in mind, so kids and families enjoy themselves while also learning valuable skills.
Come discover how yoga is good for you, relaxing, and helps you reduce worry and anxiety too.
About Family Yoga (all ages): This one hour class includes a yoga adventure with poses to get everyone moving. We have a cozy relaxation with music, where you have the option to lie down and relax or try the meditation to the music. Then finish the class with a fun yoga game!
Both adults and children are encouraged to do yoga as per their abilities. Adults can keep an eye on their kids but if your children are watching, as often happens, we encourage adults to do the yoga activity. This is usually the best way to encourage your children to participate in Family Yoga. When in doubt, your Yoga Teacher will let you know if something really needs correcting. We include partner yoga poses to bring families together as well as meditation and relaxation time appropriate for children.
- Kids Yoga (children only ages 5+): The 2 hour kids yoga camp takes place on Sunday afternoon (3-5 pm) of the Kids Yoga Teacher Training weekends. Each camp includes yoga adventures, mindfulness, songs and games with lots of choices and activities including craft or colouring. Guided relaxation is a favorite and kids get a much deserved rest after all the yoga poses.Parents are invited to leave their cell number and drop their kids off anytime after 2:45 pm, then pick them up at 5 pm. There are seats in the entryway where parents can wait if desired.
- Dress to do yoga and bring your yoga mat and water bottle: Dovercourt House is a large dance studio with wood floors. Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Bring your water bottle too. We have a few yoga mats that can be borrowed. Dress in layers to do yoga, crafts, and relaxation.
- Download the Kids and Family Yoga Info 2018-2019
If you’d like to be notified by email of our free classes in Toronto, Free* Kids and Family Yoga Info add your name to our kids yoga class email list:
All FREE Family Yoga and Kids Yoga classes take place at Dovercourt House, Toronto, Ontario (Bloor and Dovercourt, see map below). Registration is available for the next weekend of classes only. We encourage you to save your space by Registering at this link. Drop-ins are permitted if space is available.
These classes are free for those who attend them. However due to problems with people signing up for the free classes and then not attending we require a $10 deposit to hold your spot for the class. Those who attend the class or let us know they cannot attend with 24 Hours notice, will be refunded their $10 deposit during the week after the class. There is a simple refund process through Paypal that we will use after the weekend. If you have any questions about this process please contact: [email protected]
*Studies on Children’s Yoga from Harvard Medical School – read full article here.
Location of Kids Yoga Classes in Toronto:
Dovercourt House: 805 Dovercourt Rd., Toronto, Ontario
North of Bloor St., between Duffern St. and Ossington and a short walk from Ossington Subway. There is free street parking in the area.
- Parking: Street parking on Dovercourt is free for 3 hours. If you choose street parking, be sure to check the signs carefully to make sure you are parking on the correct side of the arrows – the police ticket regularly. There are Green P Parking lots on Salem Ave, Ossington Ave, and Bartlett Ave, the cost of parking is about $4.
- Directions by Public Transport: From Ossington Subway Station, take the Delaware exit (from the underground level). Walk 1 block North to Northumberland St., then 1 block West to Dovercourt Rd., turn North (right). The building is adjacent to the Salvation Army Parking Lot on the East side.
- Attend one or both classes that are age appropriate. Preregistration is encouraged. Bring your yoga mat.
- To register for the upcoming kids yoga classes fill in your details by clicking here.
All Kids Are Welcome!
Toronto Weekend Certifications: Spring 2019
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. April 27-28, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.