Family yoga can be part of every family’s life. Family yoga can give opportunities for healthy playtime for adults and kids where everyone is on the same level (the floor). There’s lots of laughter as you roll about and try new things. The goal is fun and connection.
I was invited to speak at the Healthy Kids Virtual Summit and chose the topic of Happy Family Yoga because I’ve seen the value yoga brings to a family. It contributes to both physical and mental health. It strengthens bonds. Family yoga is an antidote to the rushing and organizing that goes on in family life.
Family yoga can be part of every kids yoga teacher training too. Being able to teach these classes will give you an edge as a yoga teacher.
If you’re a busy parent or kids yoga teacher looking for ways to integrate healthy living into family life consider bringing yoga time to your family.
In case you have any doubt about the value of family yoga, here are a few pictures from the practicum of our kids yoga teacher training. You’ll see just how much fun you can have.
How Family Yoga Looks in Pictures
Problem Solving Together: Group Train
Resting as a Family
Is the job of raising healthy active kids up to you?
Do you feel like there is more you need to learn?
Check out the Free Resources to bring yoga to families:
- Free Printable Downloads – Family Yoga
- Family Yoga 4 Hour Certificate (counts towards the 95 HR Registered Children’s Yoga School Training)
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate