The Future of Kids Yoga –
So many children start yoga at a young age. What does that mean for the future of kids yoga? We see it as good news for children and you, if you’re a kids yoga teacher.
Since the tidal wave of yoga began over 40 years ago in the west, yoga is more accessible than ever before. Yoga has established itself.
Consider how many kids yoga teachers have taught toddlers who are now tweens or teens or older?
If you’ve been teaching kids for a while, its likely your teaching is growing with the children especially when they are your own kids, nieces or nephews. It’s just progress.
Kids Yoga Teachers Watch Their Students Grow Up
I teach one thirteen year old who took my class when she was three. That’s ten years of yoga practice! Some of my young students of the past are now finishing university.
I also teach youngsters whose idea of a good time is making up yoga lesson plans to teach their friends. One gal makes yoga movies for fun.
When you consider:
- A fourteen year old can babysit children.
- A sixteen year old can drive a car.
- A seventeen year old can become a life guard, soccer coach, or forest ranger.
- An eighteen year old can vote.
- It only seems logical that a teen can take their yoga to the next level and become a yoga teacher.
We see a bright future for kids’ yoga and kids’ yoga teachers.
At Young Yoga Masters, we have a vision where yoga for children is as common as swimming lessons, physical education, or playing any sport. Kids start early and are encouraged to keep up into their teenage years and beyond.
Teachers become mentors, encouraging yoga as a lifelong pursuit. Wouldn’t you feel proud to see your students graduate as yoga teachers? We would, and we want to bring other teachers on board to train the teens in their community. It feels like a great future for kids yoga AND kids yoga teachers.
Yoga Teacher Training for Teens
Young Yoga Masters will be launching a specialized Yoga Teacher Training program that will mentor teens on the path to becoming Yoga Teachers. We’ll be releasing more details of the program over the next few months and talking about it at the National Kids Yoga Conference.
From Teen Yogi to Yoga Teacher
National Kids Yoga Conference
Sept. 27, 2014
We’re so happy to be invited to speak on this topic at The National Kids Yoga Conference. This is the first conference geared specifically to teachers of yoga for children. There’s an amazing line up of experienced talented teachers. I want to meet them all.
I’ll be attending and also leading a workshop called: From Teen Yogi to Yoga Teacher.
I’ve been dreaming of a Kids Yoga Conference for a while, and I’m sure it will be a wonderful day. I highly recommend you attend if it is possible. The early registration deadline is Thursday, May 15/14 so now is a good time to go over and check out all the topics being offered.
We’d also like to hear from you and/or meet you there if you are an experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) who would like to expand into yoga teacher training. Please drop me a line to get more details. Our workshop at the Conference is geared to teens, but we will be setting up meetings with interested people who see themselves not only as a kids yoga teacher, but also a yoga teacher trainer.
You can contact me at [email protected]
I’d love to connect with you to tell you more about how you could become a yoga teacher trainer.
Please leave a comment below if you have teens or tweens who want to teach yoga. Who are they? How long have they been doing yoga? Is it too soon?
Upcoming Kids Yoga Teacher Certification:
Winnipeg Weekend Certification
- Sat. – Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate) at Modo Yoga Winnipeg
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Spring 2020 – Fall 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 14-15, 2020 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.