How to Teach Anatomy to Children
Do you know your kid’s anatomy?
To teach kids we recommend a foundation in anatomy about kids and also fun ways to teach anatomy to kids. We do a day and a half of this in our Kids Yoga Teacher Certification. Yoga Alliance required 10 hours of anatomy training for Children’s Yoga Teacher Certification.
Anatomy is for the body, mind and spirit. While the body and mind are very tangible and rooted in science, the spirit part is rooted in the Yogic Sciences.
When it comes to anatomy of the spirit, we teach Chakras for Children. For example this picture that illustrates the location of the Chakras.
Free Chakras for Children Printable PDF link here:
Try these activities to teach kids about the Chakras:
- Did you know the Chakras are the same colours as the rainbow? They are the same order too. Young children can draw a rainbow over the picture above.
- One of my favorite activities for children nine years and older is again to introduce the chakras based on their colour. I’ll ask the children why they chose the colour clothes they are wearing. Did they pick a colour to match their mood? Did they just grab something without really thinking? Then we compare the colours people are wearing to the qualities of the Chakras. Does the Chakra match? The kids clamor to find out what their colour means. If someone is wearing a colour that is not a Chakra colours, we see if it is made of a combination of Chakra colours. It’s a great way to get kids interested.
- Connect the Chakras to the elements of nature and explore earth, water, fire, air and ether each day of your camp.
In yoga teacher training an important learning is physical anatomy. Equally important in yoga training is the journey though the chakras, the spiritual anatomy.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
You are invited to come get all these great tools and more in our Kids Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
I’d love to see you there and get you Certified as a Kids Yoga Teacher.
Remember, when looking for Kids Yoga Teacher Training, look for the Registered Children’s Yoga School logo. Make sure your training counts towards your 95 Hour Certification so you don’t have to start your training again!
Winnipeg Weekend Certification
- Sat. – Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate) at Modo Yoga Winnipeg
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Spring 2020 – Fall 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 14-15, 2020 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.