A Free Gift for You from Our Kids Yoga Teacher Training
For many older folx, we learned to manage our emotions in our families or on our own, sometimes effectively and sometimes destructively.
Now that we understand that emotional intelligence helps children succeed, social and emotional learning is taught in schools.
The Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Training has a 4-hour Certificate called Chakras for Children. In this module, we use the Chakras to explore Social and Emotional Learning concepts with kids.
The Chakras are a yogic anatomy system that connects the energy in the different areas of our bodies with our balanced and unbalanced emotions.
Free Chakras for Children Printable PDF link here:
Chakra Activities for Kids Yoga
Try these activities to teach kids about the Chakras:
- Did you know the Chakras are the same colours as the rainbow? They are the same order too. Young children can draw a rainbow over the picture above.
- One of my favourite activities for children nine years and older is to introduce the chakras based on their colour. Try asking children why they chose the colour of the clothes they are wearing. Did they pick a colour to match their mood? Did they just grab something without really thinking? Then we compare the colours people are wearing to the qualities of the Chakras. Does the Chakra match? The kids clamour to find out what their colour means. If someone is wearing a colour that is not a Chakra colour, we see if it is made of a combination of Chakra colours. It’s a great way to get kids interested in exploring their feelings without being too intense.
- Connect the Chakras to the elements of nature and explore earth, water, fire, air and ether each day of your camp.
In yoga teacher training it is important to learn physical anatomy. Equally important in yoga training is the journey through the chakras, the spiritual anatomy.
You are invited to find out more about Chakras for Children in our Kids Yoga Teacher Training.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
You are invited to come to get all these great tools and more in our Kids Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
I’d love to see you there and get you Certified as a Kids Yoga Teacher.
Remember, when looking for Kids Yoga Teacher Training, look for the Registered Children’s Yoga School logo. Make sure your training counts towards your 95 Hour Certification so you don’t have to start your training again!
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*2021 Dates Pending Yoga Alliance extension of online training provision.
You’ll be glad you did it!