This photo was from my last kids yoga teacher training course – can you believe it was 4 months ago! That was a fun class – each group is a different mix, but I don’t think I’ve ever taught a training with so many yoga teachers in it. In this class we went deeply into what to do when you get in front of the kids.
Some of the trainings have more daycare teachers or school teachers and parents. These folks know a lot about the classroom management side of things and so we go into yoga more.
The in-person trainings cover everything you need to know. You find out not only what you didn’t know, but also what you didn’t know you didn’t know! That’s the trickiest part of learning – when you don’t know you need to know something. When I first started teaching children I didn’t know how to manage a class. I didn’t know I needed to set guidelines and boundaries with the kids and I got walked all over. When I figured out that I NEED TO KNOW this – then only could I find out HOW to do it.
In-person training illuminates all this because it allows for interaction with the trainer but also the other people attending and all their experience.
That being said, I invite you to come and experience my Kids Yoga Teacher Training. I won’t go into too much detail as I know many of you are in other countries, provinces, and cities. But I invite you to mark the date for the April training for an edu-holiday: come take the course and see Toronto.
But for those reading in Toronto you may be interested in the six week Training starting January 12. It’s special because it’s the first time I’m pairing the course with a Family Yoga Class. As you know, it’s one thing to talk about teaching kids, but another to do it. It helps to actually see children doing yoga. So that’s what we’ll do here.
Also for the Torontonians (that what we call ourselves here): You are invited to join in the Family Yoga Class. Especially for those with kids, but also for those who want to bring out the kid in you! This class is open to all. So feel free to join even if you just want to do an extra yoga class each week. Guaranteed to be more fun than your average yoga class.
Here are the links:
- 6 Week Kids Yoga Teacher Training – Co-op Course (18 hour Certificate) – Starts Tuesday, January 12 – click here.
- Family Yoga Class: 6 week series starts Tuesday, January 12, 5 – 6 pm – click here
- Spring Kids Yoga Teacher Training Weekend – save the date – April 30 – May 2 – click here.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I’d love to see you there.
Aruna Kathy Humphrys
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.