I have a whole shelf full of games, toys, music and books that spark imagination. When I’m planning my classes I often go to this shelf for inspiration.
The book shown in the picture is one I use regularly (once or twice a year) with kids. Basically this book costs about $10 and you can use it over and over again. It is a great addition to your teaching tool kit. The link above takes you to the board book version at Amazon. I recommend getting board books whenever possible so they won’t get ripped or torn in class – they last much longer and are sturdier for use with kids.
Each page of this book is brightly coloured, a little surprising (a blue horse!), and a yoga pose waiting to happen.
Each page ignites imagination and we enter into a world of animals. There are nine different
A book is an easy way to get kids attention. You can say, “Hmm, I wonder what animal is next. Let’s find out.” Or ask kids who are ready to to guess what animal is next while everyone is returning to their spot.
Let me know what your favorite kids books are.
Winnipeg Weekend Certification
- Sat. – Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate) at Modo Yoga Winnipeg
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Spring 2020 – Fall 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 14-15, 2020 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.