I have a whole shelf full of games, toys, music and books that spark imagination. When I’m planning my classes I often go to this shelf for inspiration.
The book shown in the picture is one I use regularly (once or twice a year) with kids. Basically this book costs about $10 and you can use it over and over again. It is a great addition to your teaching tool kit. The link above takes you to the board book version at Amazon. I recommend getting board books whenever possible so they won’t get ripped or torn in class – they last much longer and are sturdier for use with kids.
Each page of this book is brightly coloured, a little surprising (a blue horse!), and a yoga pose waiting to happen.
Each page ignites imagination and we enter into a world of animals. There are nine different
A book is an easy way to get kids attention. You can say, “Hmm, I wonder what animal is next. Let’s find out.” Or ask kids who are ready to to guess what animal is next while everyone is returning to their spot.
Let me know what your favorite kids books are.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19 + Oct. 2*: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 12, 19, 26 + Nov. 2 (Tuesday’s)*: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 + 27: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*Yoga Alliance’s Online Training Provision allows for both self-paced (watching recorded training) and/or Live Zoom Training. You can choose a combination of these that works for you.
You’ll be glad you did it!