Whenever I want to have fun with the kids in yoga class we do Laughing Yoga. It is a great way to get everyone to have fun and relax and enjoy the bliss of living. Laughter is a powerful tool to get people breathing deeply too – especially with belly laughter, not to mention all the health benefits – just ask Patch Adams, an MD who started a movement to get clowns in every hospital.
I want people to get themselves to laugh, too often people feel they have to be tickled (or hear a joke) to laugh. Here’s how I teach it:
Lets Imagine “invisible fingers” are tickling us. I ask someone what invisible means and get different definitions. But I make sure they also learn that invisible means “in” which is inside you, and visible. In-visible means you see it inside; which is not the same as non-visible or un-visible. I liken it to their imagination – which we see inside us first too. Now as you do the pose everyone feel the invisible fingers tickling you and laugh.
You have the right to remain silent! (Did you laugh?)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.