Whenever I want to have fun with the kids in yoga class we do Laughing Yoga. It is a great way to get everyone to have fun and relax and enjoy the bliss of living. Laughter is a powerful tool to get people breathing deeply too – especially with belly laughter, not to mention all the health benefits – just ask Patch Adams, an MD who started a movement to get clowns in every hospital.
I want people to get themselves to laugh, too often people feel they have to be tickled (or hear a joke) to laugh. Here’s how I teach it:
Lets Imagine “invisible fingers” are tickling us. I ask someone what invisible means and get different definitions. But I make sure they also learn that invisible means “in” which is inside you, and visible. In-visible means you see it inside; which is not the same as non-visible or un-visible. I liken it to their imagination – which we see inside us first too. Now as you do the pose everyone feel the invisible fingers tickling you and laugh.
You have the right to remain silent! (Did you laugh?)
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19 + Oct. 2*: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 12, 19, 26 + Nov. 2 (Tuesday’s)*: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 + 27: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*Yoga Alliance’s Online Training Provision allows for both self-paced (watching recorded training) and/or Live Zoom Training. You can choose a combination of these that works for you.
You’ll be glad you did it!