- Do you want to be famous?
- What is your idea of Success? What do we teach kids about success?
- How do we inspire kids to challenge themselves but not get fanatical.
- How do we teach children and teens about moderation but also keep them from getting lazy?
- How can kids be self sufficient and also be able to love others?
These are the questions many parents and teachers ask themselves. If we don’t examine these questions for ourselves – we are probably just passing on ideas of success that we’ve learned without thinking about it.
- Success is never calling in sick to school or work.
- Success is having a boyfriend/husband.
- Success is not being in debt/and not being greedy.
- Success is getting a good, secure job, and then working hard to get promoted.
- Success is getting good grades.
- Success is being able to do wheel pose.
- Success is getting into my “skinny” clothes.
- Success is being nice to others.
These workshops were inspired in part by Michael Jackson’s recent passing. He “had it all” yet True Success was another story. This topic is also inspired by the large number of children that tell me they want to be famous when they grow up. Through yoga and meditation we can offer kids alternative notions of success, beyond fame and wealth.
True Success and Mistaken Success – What is Success?
Saturday, July 25, 1 – 4 pm, Toronto, Canada
Saturday, August 22, 1 – 4 pm, Toronto, Canada
I’ll start the discussion here with one of my favorite quotes on success:
Ancient Secrets of Success for Today’s World
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve Moved Online!
- August 8 + 9: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 11 + 12: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 22-23: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 25: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 26: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Next round of online training starts August 2020
You’ll be glad you did it!