- Do you want to be famous?
- What is your idea of Success? What do we teach kids about success?
- How do we inspire kids to challenge themselves but not get fanatical.
- How do we teach children and teens about moderation but also keep them from getting lazy?
- How can kids be self sufficient and also be able to love others?
These are the questions many parents and teachers ask themselves. If we don’t examine these questions for ourselves – we are probably just passing on ideas of success that we’ve learned without thinking about it.
- Success is never calling in sick to school or work.
- Success is having a boyfriend/husband.
- Success is not being in debt/and not being greedy.
- Success is getting a good, secure job, and then working hard to get promoted.
- Success is getting good grades.
- Success is being able to do wheel pose.
- Success is getting into my “skinny” clothes.
- Success is being nice to others.
These workshops were inspired in part by Michael Jackson’s recent passing. He “had it all” yet True Success was another story. This topic is also inspired by the large number of children that tell me they want to be famous when they grow up. Through yoga and meditation we can offer kids alternative notions of success, beyond fame and wealth.
True Success and Mistaken Success – What is Success?
Saturday, July 25, 1 – 4 pm, Toronto, Canada
Saturday, August 22, 1 – 4 pm, Toronto, Canada
I’ll start the discussion here with one of my favorite quotes on success:
Ancient Secrets of Success for Today’s World
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.