In Kids Yoga I like a very simple version of sun salutation. I teach it slowly and use one word descriptions, which is useful when we start to go faster. Here is what I call the poses, but I suggest you use the names that you are comfortable with.
Refer to the video above to see the version I am talking about.
- Prayer Pose
- Down Dog
Make it Simple to Follow
When working with kids I have found it much easier to use short, even one word, directions. I makes it easier for kids to follow.
I’d love to hear other versions of the Sun Salutation that you use.
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.