In Kids Yoga I like a very simple version of sun salutation. I teach it slowly and use one word descriptions, which is useful when we start to go faster. Here is what I call the poses, but I suggest you use the names that you are comfortable with.
Refer to the video above to see the version I am talking about.
- Prayer Pose
- Down Dog
Make it Simple to Follow
When working with kids I have found it much easier to use short, even one word, directions. I makes it easier for kids to follow.
I’d love to hear other versions of the Sun Salutation that you use.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*2021 Dates Pending Yoga Alliance extension of online training provision.
You’ll be glad you did it!