Learning the Skills of the Future – for Personal Success and More
The skills kids develop through this exercise are more than strenghthening their core abdominal muscles and arms. Learning cooperation and the art of relationship will be a great tool in their future lives in the business world too. It is a great confidence builder when together you get the job done.
In your kids yoga class discuss what it takes to be on the Olympic rowing team. Rowing is done with anywhere from one to eight rowers in the boat. They have to work together to win. A 500m race can take 1:30 minutes and a 2000m race takes 5:30 minutes.
What does it take to work as a team?
What happens if you don’t agree on a team?
How can you work it out while the race is going on?
How long can we work together?
Let’s try it! Practice first single rowing, then doubles, quads and then eight kids together. Why not try it with the whole group!
Time the whole group for 1 and a half minutes and count how many rows they can do in that time. Then do it again and compare results. Let them figure out how to improve their score.
It is sure to be a fun class!
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.