- – Get kids attention
- – Help kids stay focused when holding a pose
- – Have fun!
If the class is getting loud, I start to say the poem with one child who is sitting quietly. I draw it on the child’s back (and head – for the egg). Pretty soon all the children will be asking for a turn.
I don’t answer them until I am finished the poem, and then I tell them I will be choosing other kids who are quietly doing the next yoga pose.
Make sure each child gets a turn by the end of the class. Although, if a child isn’t quiet they may have to wait till the next time I come in to try again, but this rarely happens.
The poem goes like this:X marks the spot
With a dot, dot, dot
With a dit, dit, dit
With a Question Mark (?)Crack an egg on your head
(tap their head softly)
Let the yolk run down
(run your fingers down their hair)
Feel the breeze on your back (blow softly on their neck or back)
Let the chills go up
Let the chills go down………….
Got Ya (give them a little hug)
They will love this poem so much you won’t be able to stop doing it because they will ask for it again and again.
Now, is this yoga?
I doubt it was ever done in the Himalayas, but sometimes when everyone wants to keep saying the poem, we will all act it out using yoga poses.
Can you think of any yoga poses for it?
Winnipeg Weekend Certification
- Sat. – Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate) at Modo Yoga Winnipeg
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Spring 2020 – Fall 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 19-20, 2020 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 17-18, 2020 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 14-15, 2020 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.