One day a seven year old girl told me how she got in trouble at school for talking too much in class. Her teacher, probably frustrated, sent the girl out into the hallway to compose herself. She was allowed to come back in when she was ready to listen and participate.
Alone in the hall, the girl looked around and had to figure out what to do. She said, “I decided to do what we do at the beginning of yoga class and call on my teacher inside. I said it quietly three times and then I was ready to go back in.”
Now this wasn’t an earth shattering experience yet it was a profound example of what it means to “get it.” She had soaked in the teachings and they had permeated her being. She knew that her Teacher Inside would be there for her when she needed it. She knew she could rely on her Inner Wisdom.
I learned from this girl to rely on Consciousness, not only in yoga class, but in all the different places, and especially the hallways, I end up in too.
We’re moving Online!
- Themes and Dreams:April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga:April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy: May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age), Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children: May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning: June 6, 7, 9, 11