Lately, I’ve had a lot of meetings with people graduating from the self-paced training. Reading their lesson plans and feedback on their classes I got inspired by how they are impacting children’s lives.
One thing I just love seeing is the music they use in their kids yoga lesson plans. I love, love, love finding new music!
So I had a brainstorm to add a new segment to the newsletter: The Song of the Week! The first one will be today.
“Colors” by Kira Willey
This song is an oldie but a goodie! Kira’s Dance for the Sun album came out in 2006 but doesn’t get tiring for me.
Why is this the First Song of the Week?
This is probably one of my most-played songs. It’s a great song for relaxation, talking about chakras, and doing a moving meditation.
Just make up a move for each line, try it now if you want to see the possibilities:
“I am green today, I chirp with joy like a cricket song.”
Did you pull your elbows back and flap them like crickets legs? That’s my go-to move, but any move you make up is great.
I like this song during relaxation because kids can either lie down and relax or makeup moves to the different colors in the song.
For me, this song is worthy of the first mention in my Song of Week Series. What do you think?
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Check Out the Self-Paced Teacher Certification
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate