It reminded me of what my teacher says about thoughts, circumstances, and imagination:
Your thoughts make you and your circumstances.”
p. 74, Ancient Secrets of Success for Today’s World by Tulshi Sen
Often we try to change by changing our circumstances. But like my three year old comrade, if we don’t change our negative thoughts to a new way of thinking, we’ll keep kicking down our castles.
This realization comes in handy when working with kids, especially three year old children. They don’t want to change who they are. If you try to change them, and start thinking negatively, teaching a class is difficult. Thinking about your own approach to the class is the only real option and you’ll probably find this method easiest.
Here’s an inspiring talk called Vaccination Against Negative Thoughts with Tulshi Sen. He looks at why we dream and what ends up happening when we imagine. I found it inspiring. Enjoy!
We’re moving Online!
- Themes and Dreams:April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga:April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy: May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age), Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children: May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning: June 6, 7, 9, 11