Stories to Tell in Yoga
People are always asking me where I get my stories from. The book noted above is a resource I use for my own inspiration, as well as for creating lesson plans. I find it incredibly insightful, and it also contains wonderful stories that can be used for teaching children.
The quote above is the beginning of Chapter 9, The Story of the Wish Fulfilling Tree which is subtitled: How to Guard the Self-Sabotaging Mind. The kids I teach love stories like these and they lead to beautiful discussions of what these stories are showing us.
© K. Humphrys
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve Moved Online!
- August 8 – 14: Intensive Week
Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 22-28: Intensive Week
Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19- 20: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)