12 Day Summer Intensive
Kids Yoga Teacher Summer Certification
July 14 – 26, 2019, 9 am – 5:30 pm
Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Looking for Kids Yoga Teacher Training that fulfills the Yoga Alliance Standards?
If you’d like to teach kids yoga with a Yoga Alliance Registered School certification, there’s no better way than to attend the Summer Certification with Young Yoga Masters. Not only will you meet the Yoga Alliance requirement for 95 Hours of Training in the specialty of Children’s Yoga, you’ll get a high quality training, receive effective resources, and get practical experience teaching children that prepares you to start teaching as soon as you graduate.
This Training is Open to All those who Believe Yoga Can make a Difference in Kids Lives especially:
- Yoga Teachers looking to get their Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation from Yoga Alliance
- New Kids Yoga Teachers looking for guidance and practical experience to enhance their teaching
- Established Kids Yoga Teachers looking for a professional Certification for their resume
- School teachers and Teaching Assistants looking to include Yoga, Mindfulness, and social and emotional learning in their classrooms
- Day Care Educators (ECE’s) looking to add Kids Yoga and Mindfulness to their program and circle time
- Parents, Grandparents, and Family Members looking for fun, educational Yoga ideas for social and emotional learning for their kids
- Counselors and Case Workers wanting tools to help children self-regulate
- Plus, anyone else who works with children and wants to empower them with Yoga
Take a look at the fun activities in the Kids Yoga Teacher Training in this video:
How the Summer Certification Works:
The Summer Certification offers all modules of the Young Yoga Masters training between July 14 and July 26, 2019 (no class July 20).
- Hours: 9 am – 5:30 pm each training day
- Location: The Art Gallery of Burlington
1333 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington, ON L7S 1A9
Those completing all modules from July 14 – 26 will receive the 95 Hour Certificate with no extra homework required!
You can also take some of the modules during the 2 weeks and you receive a 16 Hour Certificate for each module you complete, which count towards your 95 Hour Certificate should you wish to take the other Modules in the future at any location they are offered. You can also get your 95 Hour Certificate by combining Summer Certification Modules with Toronto weekend Modules.
Graduates of the Kids Yoga Teacher Training give their reviews:
About the Kids Yoga Teacher Training Summer Intensive
Each of Young Yoga Masters Modules covers an important aspects of teaching yoga to children to prepare you to be a confident and effective teacher. You’ll discover new ways to teach yoga to children ages 2-15 years, get comprehensive manuals and receive resources with your registration in each module.
Hours: 9 am – 5:30 pm daily
July 14 – 15, 2019: Yoga Literacy – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Take an in-depth look at how to teach yoga poses to children using the Frog Yoga Alphabet Resource Kit included in your registration which includes Yoga Cards, Colour Book, Colouring Pages, Activity Sheets and Games, English Alphabet Poster and the new French Alphabet Poster. You’ll enhance your confidence and make poses fun and safe. Includes partner yoga, modifications for all ages, as well as 22 innovative and original alphabet and storytelling activities that promote kinesthetic learning, learning through physical activity. Great resource for schools, yoga birthday parties, and more.
July 16-17, 2019: Chakras, Families, Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids (16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate):
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids (5 – 12 Years) Discover the fun of teaching Kids Yoga in this dynamic, playful, and comprehensive workshop. This workshop is packed with engaging stories, songs, art, games, tips and tricks for teaching yoga and mindfulness to school-age kids. An excellent workshop as an introduction or a refresher for your kids yoga toolkit. Includes a pack of Yoga Stickers and Colouring Sheets.
- Family Yoga: Teach yoga to families using ready-to-teach lesson plans for Mommy and Me Yoga and Family Yoga that build strong family bonds. This module shows you how to create positive experiences in yoga class that encourage children to connect with parents and parents to connect with kids.
- Chakras for Children: Teach school-age children to build on their innate talents while exploring the Chakras as tools for Social and Emotional Learning. Come explore the Chakras and how to teach them to children using the Young Yoga Masters Chakra activity book and handouts.
July 18 -19, 2019: Themes and Dreams – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: The original Certificate that started it all. The Themes and Dreams Certificate explains Yoga Philosophy and awakens the imagination – no matter what your age. This Certificate includes tested lesson plans that children love. The Kids Yoga Class Creator gives you an intuitive lesson plan template to dream up your own class plans and keep them organized. This Certificate is highly recommended for those wanting mindfulness activities, songs and engaging stories that empower kids with self-esteem, inner peace, and happiness. The Amazing Breathing Ball is included with your registration.
Saturday, July 20: No Training
July 21 – 22, 2019: Mindfulness for Children – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Enhance children’s health with Mindfulness activities, movement, and the tremendously popular Meditations for Growing Minds resources. In this module you will connect to the practice of Mindfulness and learn to bring Mindfulness to Children. You’ll also receive The Balancing Eagle prop to get kids attention and help them be strong and steady when doing yoga poses
July 23- 24, 2019: Inclusive Yoga – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Accommodate children with a variety of needs in your classes! All children come with a unique set of needs. This Certificate contains insight and effective tools to bring yoga to all children, especially kids that are not always motivated by typical kids yoga techniques. Includes Yoga Man vs The Stressor Teacher Training Manual and Resources, yoga colouring pages, games, and activities that help kids identify stress and reduce it. A great resource for teachers and parents of kids with different needs and for helping boys see that yoga is not just for girls!
July 25-26, 2019: Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning for Kids Yoga Teachers (16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate): this module is (usually) the final step of the 95 Hour Certification. Using the extensive material from the other Young Yoga Masters Certificates, you will study teaching methodology to design successful children’s yoga curricula including Yoga Series’ and Yoga Camps. Your lead trainer will provide personal guidance and feedback for you to develop your plan to start teaching, and participants will help one another with ideas and feedback. You also begin your action plan for finding new classes. Examine effective advertising, networking, and marketing strategies. Participants must have completed a minimum of 3 Modules (48 Hours) of Young Yoga Masters training to take the Level 2 training.
A Magical Experience!
Attending Young Yoga Masters Children’s Teacher Training provided me with so many resources, exercises, music, games and more. The manuals are so professional. I got to participate in yoga classes with children and taught meaningful lessons and fun yoga poses. It was a magical experience for them and me. We learned exactly how to create a safe space for children and have a lot of FUN! I gained so much experience, it built my confidence as a teacher. The cherry on top was that the training counted towards Yoga Alliance certification.
I recommend you sign up and come to Young Yoga Masters Children’s Yoga Teacher Training. You won’t’ be disappointed!
– Charlotte Connick Mabry, Registered Yoga Teacher, Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher. Retired Professor
How to Register for the Summer Certification
Register for the Summer Certification here or using the blue button: “Register for Summer Certification“. You will be taken to the registration form to enter your information and choose your courses and method of payment.
Rates include manuals and training materials, there are no additional training fees. Rates do not include accommodations. Please include tax when paying by etransfer or cheque. Tax is automatically calculated for Credit Card payments.
Super-Early Specials on Full 95 Hour Certification
Register by Feb. 15, 2019 for the full 95 Hour Intensive for the Best Savings!
Rate applies for the full 95 Hour Training from July 14 – 26, 2019 only. Transfers will incur a transfer fee at Rate of Other Location.
- 6 x $333 CAD + tax Installment plan (6 payments starting before Feb. 15, 2019)
- SAVE $252! with our Super Early Special by paying in full before Feb 15, 2019: $1938 CAD + tax – Our Lowest Rate Ever!!!
Early Registration Rates Feb. 16 to June 15, 2019
- Early Registration for 95 Hour Certification at Summer Intensive: $2100 CAD + tax
- 3 Module Special: $1095 CAD + tax
- $500 CAD Deposit will hold your spot – balance due July 1, 2019
Regular Registration Rates Start June 16 – July 14, 2019
- Registration after June 16: $2190 CAD + tax
- 3 Module Special: $1200 CAD + tax
- full payment due at time of registration
Register for Individual Modules – Anytime:
- One Module (16 Hour Certificate) Early Registration (two weeks in advance): $425 CAD+tax
- One Module (16 Hour Certificate) Regular Rate: $480 CAD +tax
You can make a payment one of these ways:
- Credit Card is the method of payment on the registration form. Use your PayPal account or look for the “Register with Credit Card/Debit Card” option after entering email.
- Interac E-transfer* – send e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the registration form. Be sure to include tax in your total.
- By Cheque* -after completing the registration form, send your cheque to “Young Yoga Masters” and mail to 248 West Ave. North, Hamilton, ON, Canada, L8L 5C9. Be sure to include tax in your total.
Early Registration is Highly Recommended, Space is Limited.
- Register using the “Register” Button and complete the Participant Information Form and review the Waiver and Refund Policy for Young Yoga Masters Training.
- Send your payment if paying by e-transfer or cheque.
Accommodations Info for Kids Yoga Teacher Training:
Need accommodations for the training? Accommodation are not included in your registration so if needed check out the recommendations in our Information package:
Register for the 95 Hour Summer Immersion Opening Soon – Save the Dates!
“I’m a supply teacher and it’s given me that edge and separates me from the pack. As a result gym teachers call me to work for them. Teachers call me again because I’ve implemented games and it’s been very successful.”
– Sandra, Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Kids Yoga Teacher Training in Burlington
The Summer Certification will take place at the beautiful Art Gallery of Burlington. Situated at the charming Burlington waterfront, the gallery collects and maintains Canada’s largest collection of contemporary Canadian ceramics. The Gallery is home to exhibitions, educational programs, studios and other activities.
The Burlington waterfront provides easy access to delightful restaurants, relaxing walks and breathtaking views.
“I found this training absolutely fabulous. I feel completely comfortable teaching every age group…Absolutely I would recommend this course to anyone.”
– Melissa, Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Meet Your Instructor – Aruna Kathy Humphrys – The Founder of Young Yoga Masters
Aruna is an internationally recognized expert in teaching kids yoga and a sought after speaker and trainer around the world and locally in Ontario, Canada. She is the author of the online kids yoga teacher training programs The Frog Yoga Alphabet Games and Manual, Yoga Man vs. The Stressor: Yoga for Boys Games for Stress Reduction, founder of Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training and co-founder of Ambassador Yoga 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training. Aruna is read by thousands of new and experienced yoga teachers through the Young Yoga Masters blog.
Aruna has been teaching kids yoga for 20 years including one local Montessori School where she has been teaching since 2000. She has taught adult/child yoga and children’s yoga at a community center for 12 years. She led weekly after school classes in the pre-school, kinder, junior, and senior school age rooms at a daycare for 10 years. Aruna has also taught family yoga, kids camps, and children’s yoga class at a variety of yoga studios, schools, and yoga conferences in Canada and the United States.
“I have earned back more than the tuition!”
After taking only one of the modules, I felt confident enough to approach schools to start teaching. I was teaching children after only one weekend of training. Eight months later, by my last module of training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes in daycare centers and have been paid for my teaching. I have already earned back more the tuition for the Certification.
– Z.J. Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Why Register with Young Yoga Masters?
These are the priorities we feel are important in a kids yoga teacher training that make up the Young Yoga Masters Certification:
- Practicum with Actual Children: Yoga Alliance has stringent guidelines that requires a Children’s Yoga Teacher Training to include actually teaching real kids. It makes sense to us! The Young Yoga Masters Practicum is consistently listed as a favourite part of the training by our graduates. During the Summer Certification we will spend 18 Hours volunteer teaching yoga to the children at the YMCA Camp to give you the experience you need to start teaching right after graduation! We’ll teach 3 age groups: pre-school children (3-4 years), junior school age children (5-8 years), and senior school age children (9 – 12 years) for 3 hours each module of training. You’ll observe your lead trainer, Aruna, who has been teaching yoga since 1998 and you’ll teach from your lesson plans, with the support and supervision of your trainer and other participants.
- Experience in Training Kids Yoga Teachers: Young Yoga Masters has been a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School since 2012 when Yoga Alliance created the 95 Hour Specialty Certificate! That means 6 years of offering the 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Training. We’ve done major updates to our manuals and format twice since 2012 to improve the training using feedback from our graduates and incorporating new knowledge in education. Plus lead trainer, Aruna, has been teaching yoga since 1998, full-time since 2000. She has studied meditation and mindfulness with a Guru for 10 years and has over 500 Hrs of Kundalini Yoga training, she lived in an Ashram for 6 years, and is a regular presenter at the Kids Yoga Conference. She knows the in’s and out’s of teaching and running a yoga business and can mentor you on your path. Her warmth and patience lets you know you can ask her any questions you want!
- A Meaningful Curriculum: Yes we have a lot of fun and games in the Young Yoga Masters training, but we also have many meaningful activities to turn children into powerhouses. Many graduates say they understand yoga more deeply after hearing the yoga concepts explained to a 5 year old using our curriculum. We have taken all our yoga training and teaching experience and clarified it, so you have fun teaching while helping children self-regulate, understand their emotions, and feel empowered and uplifted.
- Resources Included in Your Registration: You’ll receive comprehensive manuals and resources, all included in your registration, to support your teaching. You don’t have to take tons of notes during the training because it is all written in the manuals. You also get yoga cards, books, printable colouring pages, an album of guided meditations, stickers, a breathing ball, and a balancing eagle (plus a few extra goodies we find along the way). After the training you’ll have more than enough to teach kids yoga for a long while.
- Post Training Support: You’ll also gain access to the private Facebook Group for Young Yoga Masters teachers as well as the ongoing support of our monthly Newsletter delivered to your inbox after the training. The Young Yoga Masters blog has over 200 articles to support your growth and give you ideas after the training is over. You won’t be on your own once the training is over, in fact it’s more like a new beginning, and we want to support you to succeed in teaching your own classes to children.
- Download the Information Package: Kids Yoga Teacher Training Summer Certification 2018 – Young Yoga Masters
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Or contact Aruna if you have any questions or for a free consultation on becoming a kids yoga teacher: Aruna @ YoungYogaMasters. com or by phone at 1.416.944.2888
Seeing you successfully graduate as a kids yoga teacher is our mission as a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School, we care about your success! So we filled this training with all the activities, games, and tons of practical experience so you can successfully teach yoga to children. After all, you will be teaching the yoga teachers of the future!” Aruna, Young Yoga Masters
A Fulfilling Career and A Bond With My Own Children That I Wouldn’t Trade for Anything…
After taking one modules with the Kids Camp practicum, I felt confident to approach daycares. With my background in marketing I was teaching children after only one training. By the end of the training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes. This training was a good investment. I have already earned back my investment in the course and more. I was searching for a more fulfilling career and Young Yoga Masters Training has given me that, but has also given me a bond with my own children that I wouldn’t trade for anything. – Zaheeda Jiwan, Graduate Young Yoga Masters, 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training