12 Day Summer Intensive
Kids Yoga Teacher Summer Certification
July 14 – 26, 2019, 9 am – 5:30 pm
Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Become a Kids Yoga Teacher this Summer!
Come to the Young Yoga Masters Summer Certification to get your 95 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered School. After completing the 12 Day Immersion you will receive a high quality training, effective resources, and practical experience teaching children that prepares you to start teaching as soon as you graduate. You can see more about the different Levels of Certification for Kids Yoga Teachers here.
Take a look at the Activities in the Training:
This Training is Open to All those who Believe Yoga Can make a Difference in Kids Lives especially:
- Yoga Teachers who want a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation from Yoga Alliance
- New Kids Yoga Teachers looking for guidance and practical experience to enhance their teaching
- Established Kids Yoga Teachers seeking professional Certification for their resume
- School teachers and Teaching Assistants wanting to include Yoga, Mindfulness, and social and emotional learning in their classrooms
- Day Care Educators (ECE’s) looking to add Kids Yoga and Mindfulness to their program and circle time
- Parents, Grandparents, and Family Members who value fun, educational Yoga ideas for social and emotional learning for their kids
- Counselors and Case Workers wanting an in-depth training with tools to help children self-regulate
- Plus, anyone else who works with children and wants to empower them with Yoga
The 12 Day Summer Certification takes place in the beautiful Art Gallery of Burlington on the shores of Lake Ontario.
- The Art Gallery of Burlington
1333 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington, ON L7S 1A9
You can combine modules during the Summer Certification in Burlington and the Training offered in other locations by registering for individual modules. YOu receive a Certificate for each module you complete, which counts towards your 95 Hour Certificate should you wish to take the other Modules in the future. You can also get your 95 Hour Certificate by combining Summer Certification Modules with Toronto weekend Modules.
Graduates of the Kids Yoga Teacher Training give their reviews:
Dates and Hours:
Each of Young Yoga Masters Modules covers an important aspects of teaching yoga to children to prepare you to be a confident and effective teacher. You’ll discover new ways to teach yoga to children ages 2-15 years, get comprehensive manuals and receive resources with your registration in each module.
Hours: 9 am – 5:30 pm daily (30 min lunch)
- July 14 – 15, 2019: Yoga Literacy – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
- July 16-17, 2019: Chakras, Families, Yoga and Mindfulness for Kids – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
- July 18 -19, 2019: Themes and Dreams – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
- Saturday, July 20: No Training
- July 21 – 22, 2019: Mindfulness for Children – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate:
- July 23- 24, 2019: Inclusive Yoga – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate:
- July 25-26, 2019: Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning for Kids Yoga Teachers – 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
A Magical Experience!
Attending Young Yoga Masters Children’s Teacher Training provided me with so many resources, exercises, music, games and more. The manuals are so professional. I got to participate in yoga classes with children and taught meaningful lessons and fun yoga poses. It was a magical experience for them and me. We learned exactly how to create a safe space for children and have a lot of FUN! I gained so much experience, it built my confidence as a teacher. The cherry on top was that the training counted towards Yoga Alliance certification.
I recommend you sign up and come to Young Yoga Masters Children’s Yoga Teacher Training. You won’t’ be disappointed!
– Charlotte Connick Mabry, Registered Yoga Teacher, Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher. Retired Professor
How to Register:
Early Registration is highly recommended to save with Super Early and Early Rates!
- Use the “Register” Button and complete the Participant Information Form. Review the Waiver and Refund Policy for Young Yoga Masters Training.
- Complete your payment using the form or send your e-transfer payment. Spaces are not reserved until payment is received.
Rates include manuals and training materials, there are no additional training fees.
Rates do not include accommodations. Please include tax when paying by etransfer or cheque. Tax is automatically calculated for Credit Card payments. *Note: In Ontario, Canada, the tax rate is 13% HST and is added to the total.
Rates apply for the 95 Hour Summer Training in Burlington, Ontario from July 14 – 26, 2019 only. Transfers to other locations/dates incur a transfer fee.
Super-Early Rates if Registered by Feb. 15, 2019
- 3 Module Special: $1095 + tax ($365 per 16 Hour Module) .
$500 deposit will hold your spot, balance due on first day of training.
Early Rates if Registered between Feb. 16 to July 1, 2019
- Full Registration: $2100 CAD + tax
- 3 Module Special: $1095 CAD + tax
- $500 CAD+ tax Deposit will hold your spot. Balance due first day of training.
- Individual Module: $425 + tax
Rates if Registered between July 1 – July 14, 2019
- Full Registration: $2190 CAD + tax
- 3 Module Special: $1200 CAD + tax
- Individual Module: $480 + tax
- Full payment due at time of registration
You can make a payment one of these ways:
- Credit Card is the method of payment on the registration form. Use your PayPal account or look for the “Register with Credit Card/Debit Card” option after entering email.
- Interac E-transfer* – send e-transfer to [email protected] after completing the registration form. Be sure to include tax in your total.
Need accommodations for the training? Accommodation are not included in your registration so if needed check out the recommendations in our Information package:
“I’m a supply teacher and it’s given me that edge and separates me from the pack. As a result gym teachers call me to work for them. Teachers call me again because I’ve implemented games and it’s been very successful.”
– Sandra, Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Kids Yoga Teacher Training in Burlington
The Summer Certification will take place at the beautiful Art Gallery of Burlington. Situated at the charming Burlington waterfront, the gallery collects and maintains Canada’s largest collection of contemporary Canadian ceramics. The Gallery is home to exhibitions, educational programs, studios and other activities.
The Burlington waterfront provides easy access to delightful restaurants, relaxing walks and breathtaking views.
“I found this training absolutely fabulous. I feel completely comfortable teaching every age group…Absolutely I would recommend this course to anyone.”
– Melissa, Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Meet Your Instructor – Aruna Kathy Humphrys – The Founder of Young Yoga Masters
Aruna is an internationally recognized expert in teaching kids yoga and a sought after speaker and trainer around the world and locally in Ontario, Canada. She is the author of the online kids yoga teacher training programs The Frog Yoga Alphabet Games and Manual, Yoga Man vs. The Stressor: Yoga for Boys Games for Stress Reduction, founder of Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training and co-founder of Ambassador Yoga 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training. Aruna is read by thousands of new and experienced yoga teachers through the Young Yoga Masters blog.
Aruna has been teaching kids yoga for 20 years including one local Montessori School where she has been teaching since 2000. She has taught adult/child yoga and children’s yoga at a community center for 12 years. She led weekly after school classes in the pre-school, kinder, junior, and senior school age rooms at a daycare for 10 years. Aruna has also taught family yoga, kids camps, and children’s yoga class at a variety of yoga studios, schools, and yoga conferences in Canada and the United States.
“I have earned back more than the tuition!”
After taking only one of the modules, I felt confident enough to approach schools to start teaching. I was teaching children after only one weekend of training. Eight months later, by my last module of training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes in daycare centers and have been paid for my teaching. I have already earned back more the tuition for the Certification.
– Z.J. Young Yoga Masters Graduate
Why Register with Young Yoga Masters?
These are the priorities we feel are important in a kids yoga teacher training that make up the Young Yoga Masters Certification:
- Practicum with Actual Children: Yoga Alliance has stringent guidelines that requires a Children’s Yoga Teacher Training to include actually teaching real kids. It makes sense to us! The Young Yoga Masters Practicum is consistently listed as a favourite part of the training by our graduates. During the Summer Certification we will spend 18 Hours volunteer teaching yoga to the children at the YMCA Camp to give you the experience you need to start teaching right after graduation! We’ll teach 3 age groups: pre-school children (3-4 years), junior school age children (5-8 years), and senior school age children (9 – 12 years) for 3 hours each module of training. You’ll observe your lead trainer, Aruna, who has been teaching yoga since 1998 and you’ll teach from your lesson plans, with the support and supervision of your trainer and other participants.
- Experience in Training Kids Yoga Teachers: Young Yoga Masters has been a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School since 2012 when Yoga Alliance created the 95 Hour Specialty Certificate! That means 6 years of offering the 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Training. We’ve done major updates to our manuals and format twice since 2012 to improve the training using feedback from our graduates and incorporating new knowledge in education. Plus lead trainer, Aruna, has been teaching yoga since 1998, full-time since 2000. She has studied meditation and mindfulness with a Guru for 10 years and has over 500 Hrs of Kundalini Yoga training, she lived in an Ashram for 6 years, and is a regular presenter at the Kids Yoga Conference. She knows the in’s and out’s of teaching and running a yoga business and can mentor you on your path. Her warmth and patience lets you know you can ask her any questions you want!
- A Meaningful Curriculum: Yes we have a lot of fun and games in the Young Yoga Masters training, but we also have many meaningful activities to turn children into powerhouses. Many graduates say they understand yoga more deeply after hearing the yoga concepts explained to a 5 year old using our curriculum. We have taken all our yoga training and teaching experience and clarified it, so you have fun teaching while helping children self-regulate, understand their emotions, and feel empowered and uplifted.
- Resources Included in Your Registration: You’ll receive comprehensive manuals and resources, all included in your registration, to support your teaching. You don’t have to take tons of notes during the training because it is all written in the manuals. You also get yoga cards, books, printable colouring pages, an album of guided meditations, stickers, a breathing ball, and a balancing eagle (plus a few extra goodies we find along the way). After the training you’ll have more than enough to teach kids yoga for a long while.
- Post Training Support: You’ll also gain access to the private Facebook Group for Young Yoga Masters teachers as well as the ongoing support of our monthly Newsletter delivered to your inbox after the training. The Young Yoga Masters blog has over 200 articles to support your growth and give you ideas after the training is over. You won’t be on your own once the training is over, in fact it’s more like a new beginning, and we want to support you to succeed in teaching your own classes to children.
- Download the Information Package: Kids Yoga Teacher Training Summer Certification 2018 – Young Yoga Masters
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Or contact Aruna if you have any questions or for a free consultation on becoming a kids yoga teacher: Aruna @ YoungYogaMasters. com or by phone at 1.416.944.2888
Seeing you successfully graduate as a kids yoga teacher is our mission as a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School, we care about your success! So we filled this training with all the activities, games, and tons of practical experience so you can successfully teach yoga to children. After all, you will be teaching the yoga teachers of the future!” Aruna, Young Yoga Masters
A Fulfilling Career and A Bond With My Own Children That I Wouldn’t Trade for Anything…
After taking one modules with the Kids Camp practicum, I felt confident to approach daycares. With my background in marketing I was teaching children after only one training. By the end of the training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes. This training was a good investment. I have already earned back my investment in the course and more. I was searching for a more fulfilling career and Young Yoga Masters Training has given me that, but has also given me a bond with my own children that I wouldn’t trade for anything. – Zaheeda Jiwan, Graduate Young Yoga Masters, 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training