- Kids Yoga Teacher Training Workshop: Saturday May 27, 9 am – 6 pm
- Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate Course: Saturday and Sunday, May 27-28, 9am – 6 pm
Get your Kids Yoga Teacher Training without having to go to Toronto. For the first time Young Yoga Masters will be coming to North Bay Ontario and bringing you a fun packed training, with kid-approved resources included, so you can bring the gift of yoga to the children in your life.
Using the Yoga Alphabet resources included in your registration, you can complete the amount of training that works for you. Attend the Saturday Workshop only, or attend both Saturday and Sunday to receive your Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate that also counts towards the 95 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification.
Here’s what will be covered over the weekend. You are welcome to take the one day workshop on Saturday, or the two day (Saturday and Sunday) Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate course.
Saturday May 27, 2017: 9 am – 6 pm
- Frog Yoga Alphabet Teacher Tool Kit: with your registration you’ll take home yoga cards, colouring pages, the Alphabet Yoga book, 2 posters (English and French) and a 20 Pack of stickers, all included in your registration. You’ll also get the PDF format of the Yoga Cards and colouring pages emailed to you after the training so you can print them from your computer. With all these resources on hand, you’ll be ready to start teaching all the games and activities right away;
- Teach Yoga Safely: You’ll take an in-depth look at proper alignment in kids yoga so you teach yoga safely and prevents injuries. With the 5 Point Check List for all yoga poses, you’ll learn the principles of alignment for teaching yoga poses, principles that transfer to all yoga poses;
- Partner and Group Yoga: engage kids with fun didactic activities with friends and group yoga poses too;
- Yoga Alphabet Activities for Ages 3 – 15 years old: using age appropriate variations and safety modifications for each age group you’ll see how the Alphabet is more than letters, it’s word games and storytelling too! You’ll make yoga interesting for all ages;
- Yoga for The Classroom: Utilize Literacy and Storytelling Games with kinesthetic learning to playfully enhance school lessons;
- Techniques to Calm and Focus Children: discover activities for the beginning of class, gaining focus when needed throughout your lesson plan, and helping children relax at the end of class;
- Music for Yoga: you’ll finish the day learning how music engages children, with songs and movements (provided) and how you can easily create your own moves to songs too!
Sunday May 28, 2017: 9 am – 6 pm
(both Saturday and Sunday Required for Certificate)
- Design Effective Lesson Plans: Use all the tools you learned on Saturday to design age appropriate lesson plans, get feedback on your lesson plans from your lead trainer, and practice teach the activities before the children’s classes in the afternoon;
- Classroom Management: you will learn mindful yogic tools to engage children from the beginning and keep their interest and cooperation throughout your classes;
- How to Start Teaching – Business Questions and Answer with Aruna: a one hour Q and A to discuss the basics of setting up your classroom and how to offer yoga classes to the public. Students will have the opportunity to ask any questions they have and get specific advice to pinpoint the solutions and options for their situation;
- Family Yoga Master Class: observe your lead trainer, Aruna, teaching a Family Yoga Class (this is a Yoga Alliance requirement to receive your certificate);
- Practicum Teaching in Kids Yoga Camp: Students will use the lesson plans they have created and practiced, to teach children in the Kids Yoga Camp. This is the final element of the weekend and fulfills the Yoga Alliance practicum requirements for your weekend Certificate;
- Graduation and Certificates: having completed the training and practicum, you’ve fulfilled all the requirements and receive your Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate for the Yoga Literacy Module
Come discover new ways to effectively teach yoga to children!
I have earned back more than the tuition!
After taking only one of the modules, I felt confident enough to approach schools to start teaching. I was teaching children after only one weekend of training. Eight months later, by my last module of training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes in daycare centres and have been paid for my teaching. I have already earned back more the tuition for the Certification.
– Z.J. Young Yoga Masters Graduate, 2013
A Flexible Training to Inspire Children and Inspire Your Life – Become a Kids Yoga Teacher
What is included in the Yoga Literacy Training Weekend at No Extra Charge:
Each participant will receive the complete “Frog Yoga Alphabet Teacher Training Double Pack” (Valued at $69). You will receive these two teacher training manuals in both hard copy and e-book print and play format.
Included in the Yoga Literacy Certificate:
- Frog Yoga Alphabet Teacher Training Double Pack – 2 manuals in e-book and hard copy format (Value $69)
- E-book includes Print and Play Resources:
- Colour Yoga Alphabet in full page and 1/4 page size
- Yoga Alphabet in Black and White Colouring Pages in full page and 1/4 page size
- Tons of warm-ups, yoga for the classroom, games, and activities
- License for you to print the “Frog Yoga Alphabet” for all the children you teach
- E-book includes Print and Play Resources:
- Big Frog Yoga Alphabet Book – 8.5″ x 11″: a 26 page Alphabet Book in bright and beautiful colour (Value $14.99)
- Frog Yoga Alphabet Cards – 4″ x 6″: A deck of Yoga Cards great for games and lesson plans (Value $19.99)
- Yoga Stickers – 2″ x 3.5″: Brave, Steady, Kind, Calm Assorted Crack and Peel 20 Pack Stickers (Value $5.50)
- Yoga Alphabet Posters in both French and English Alphabets – 11″ x 17″ Colour Poster for your wall (Value: $9.99 each)
- Total Value of Materials included with the Yoga Literacy Kids Yoga Training: $129.46
The secret to Frog Yoga Alphabet’s likeability is its versatility.
Kids are insatiable and naturally curious. They are interested in playing the role of leader, they love to use their imagination,
And they have to have lots of fun in order to really learn.
The frog illustrations are an immediate attractor factor. Good, clean design is intrinsic to learning. Plus, pre-school to teens . . . frogs are cool at school.
– J.W. Certified Primary/Junior Teacher
Yoga Literacy Certificate, Become a Children’s Yoga Teacher
Aruna Kathy Humphrys: Aruna is the author of The Frog Yoga Alphabet Kids Yoga Teacher Training Double Pack and Yoga Man vs. The Stressor: Yoga for Boys Teacher Training Manual, and the award-winning Young Yoga Masters blog (the world’s first blog covering kids yoga exclusively). A certified yoga instructor since 1998, she has hundreds of testimonials from happy adult clients for her Kids Yoga Teacher Training, a Registered Children’s Yoga School. Once upon a time Aruna lived in an Ashram for six years. Now she lives in Ontario, Canada, and enjoys singing, ukulele playing and technology.
Here’s Aruna using the Frog Yoga Colouring Pages for Halloween:
How the Training Works:
Bring Your Yoga Experience: It is recommended that you have taken at least 20 adult yoga classes before you register so you have a base of knowledge of yoga.
- One Day Workshop: Take the Saturday training to get the Teacher Toolkit and all its games and activities for bringing yoga to the kids in your life. The One Day option is available on Saturday only.
- Two Day Kids Yoga Teacher Certification in Yoga Literacy Module: With the two day training you’ll explore a unique facet of teaching kids yoga with the Frog Yoga Alphabet. Upon completion of the 2 day course, with practicum, you receive a Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate that also counts towards your 95 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certification as per the Yoga Alliance requirements.
- Option to Earn Your 95 Hour Certificate with a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School Certification* If you choose, you can continue with your professional development by earning all 6 Certificates. Together the 6 Certificates meet the 95 Hours of specialty training that Yoga Alliance requires of a Yoga Teacher to become a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher.
- Have Questions? Visit Our Frequently Asked Questions Page at this link or send us an email: info @ youngyogamasters.com
- Reserve Your Place by Registering: If this program sounds right for you, find out How to Register to secure your spot in the next training.
* Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT’s) who successfully complete 95 hour training with Young Yoga Masters, which is a Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS), may apply to Yoga Alliance for the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation. After completing training with a RCYS, Yoga Alliance has additional requirements that must be met. See details here.
Become a Children’s Yoga Teacher
Early Registration Discounts Now Available
Early Registration Highly Recommended
Register One of These Ways:
- INTERAC e-Transfer send to [email protected]
- Register using credit card through Paypal below.
After registering you will be sent a Participant Questionnaire by email for you to complete before the course begins.
Rates and Location:
Location: Modern College, 34 Commerce Crescent, North Bay, Ontario P1A 0B4
Hours: 9 am – 6 pm each day
Rates: Registration for both the one day workshop or the weekend certification includes the Yoga Literacy Teacher Tool Kit and manuals.
Saturday Workshop: 9 am – 6 pm
- Saturday May 27 Only – Early Registration by May 15: $265 + hst = $299.45
- Saturday May 27 Only – Registration after May 15: $299 + hst = $337.97
- Registration includes over $125 in resources!
Certification Saturday & Sunday, 9 am – 6 pm:
- May 27-28 Weekend Early Rate (Register by May 15): $399 + hst = $450.87
- Registration after May 15: $425 + tax = $480.25
- Special – Group Rate: Register 6+ people as a group and save! $350* + tax per person = $2100 + hst = $2373.00
(for groups larger than 6 people, email [email protected] for a specialized invoice. Group registration is required for group rate, individual payment invoices will not be issued, however, individual receipts are available upon request)
- Registration includes over $125 in resources!
- At the end of the 2 day training you receive your Yoga Literacy Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
Refund Policy for Workshop and Certificate
- If a participant needs to withdraw their registration more than two weeks prior to the start of the Module a full refund will be given minus a $150 registration fee. This fee is made up of a $50 registration fee and a $100 credit toward any future Module offered on the Young Yoga Masters schedule.
- Any credits must be used within 18 months. Please note, Modules may or may not be returning to your area so you may have to travel to use the credit.
- If the withdrawal takes place during the two weeks prior to the start of the course, an additional $50 late withdrawal fee will apply.
- Once the course begins, no refunds will be given.
Share the Gift of Yoga with Children and See How Your Own Life is Enhanced!
Register Now and Save Your Spot in the North Bay Training
We’re moving Online!
- Themes and Dreams:April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga:April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy: May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age), Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children: May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning: June 6, 7, 9, 11