Give your spirits a lift with this invigorating, active yoga class online.
Thursday Night is Yoga Night!
Yoga Class for Adults
Thursday’s, 6 – 7:30 pm Eastern Time (on Zoom)
This class was formerly a kundalini yoga class, and is now rooted in Hatha yoga with some energetic kundalini yoga style moves. Read our response to the Olive Branch Report verifying misconduct by the founder of kundalini yoga.
Each class is suited for a beginner to intermediate workout:
- 6 – 6:10 pm: Check-in and minor tech support to help you get set-up so you can see the class and if you want, we can see you too.
- 6:10 – 7:05 pm: Warm-up to get the circulation going and the muscles, joints, and skin warm. Asana yoga with some Kundalini yoga moves connecting breath and movement to stretch the body and get your circulation going. Each week follows a similar structure but the poses will change each week. You’ll have options to choose the way you do each pose. A short breath meditation/activity is included in each class for you to try if you wish.
- 7:05 – 7:15 pm: Savasana Relaxation to gentle music.
- 7:15 – 7:30 pm: We’ll practice meditation each week for about 10 minutes. Then wrap up class with the option to check-in before signing off.
- Use the Thursday Night Yoga Playlist on Spotify to listen to music in the background at your own home.
We’ll be doing everything we can to support each other to connect to a practice that serves your goals!
Ways to Register:
Class Pass Options:
Class passes are valid for any class in the 2022 – June 2023 sessions and may be used with a substitute teacher. No refunds on monthly passes or subscriptions.
- Individual Drop-In Class: $18 + tax = $20.34
- 5 Class Pass – Loss of Income Rate: $5 + tax = $5.65
- 5 Class Pass – Semi-employed: $30 + tax = $33.90
- 5 Class Pass – Regular Rate: $60 + tax = $67.80
- New! Save with a Monthly Subscription: $45 + tax = $50.85 (credit card only, cancel anytime, attend all classes in each month. This one is for those who can commit each week. No make up for missed classes.)
Class pass: Send e-transfer to [email protected]
Subscription Plan – Credit Card
Class Pass – Credit Card
Like the geese who migrate in formation,
it is much easier traveling together.
Join the Yoga Class:
- Once your registration is received the meeting password will be emailed to you or shared in the Facebook Messenger Group for the Yoga Class.
- If you are having any problems e-mail info (at) youngyogamasters.com or call Kathy Aruna (Santokh) at 416-944-2888
Make a commitment to connect with your soul and watch how your world responds.
Read our Response Here
Misconduct of Yogi Bhajan Response:
The recent report from An Olive Branch indicates that it is more likely than not, that Yogi Bhajan conducted abusive and sexual misconduct. Further revelations into Yogi Bhajan’s lineage and training, bring into question the validity and appropriateness of many of the practices, kriyas and meditations in Kundalini Yoga.
I stand in support of the victims of abuse and in support of those who are striving to advance our yoga practice with sound evidence-based practices.
For these reasons, moving forward I will be adapting the kriyas and meditations to be more in alignment with peer-reviewed research on yoga. This means that there will be some kundalini yoga style “moves” in the classes, but they will not be taught as a sacred practice. The kriyas will be changed.
People will be encouraged to find the best modification for themselves and to connect with their own wisdom to create their own practice rather than feeling they must followed a system prescribed by someone who, it turns out, was extremely unethical.
We will not chant Ong Namo, Guru Dev Namo at the beginning of class or sing the Long Time Sun Song at the end of class to break out of the mindset that we must follow the dictates of someone else in our practice.
If you would like to give input on the future structure of the classes please contact me at: info (at) youngyogamasters.com
Santokh Kathy Humphrys (Aruna)
- 2 quarts of water
- 11 cloves
- 22 whole black peppercorns
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 22 cardamom whole cardamom pods – crack the pods open using a mortar and pestle
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, slices (the smaller you slice it, the stronger the ginger taste will be)
- *Optional – add a black tea bag to steep for 3-5 minutes in the tea
- choice of milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup.
Boil water and add spices, simmer for 20-30 mins on a low boil, with the lid ajar on the pot, so all the water doesn’t boil away! Serve hot with your choice of milk and maple syrup.
Kathy (Santokh Aruna)Humphrys has been teaching this Yoga class in Toronto for over 20 years. Her classes have evolved to become an updated version of the practice that allows students to modify poses and duration to suit the student’s needs and to connect to their inner teacher. This is a friendly environment. Classes feature warm-ups, both Hatha and Kundlaini style yoga movements, deep relaxation, and powerful mediation using yoga technology for a strong body, happy mind, and joyous spirit.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
Now in Self-Paced and Live-Zoom Format!
- Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- All Modules = 96 Hour Certificate