Times are busy so here are 5 quick tools for kids yoga teachers:
Kids Yoga Tool #1: Updated Free Yoga Alphabet to Learn Names for Back to School
I updated the Free PDF of our Yoga Alphabet Poster, changing the Letter U to Umbrella (and pose Reverse Table Top). It used to be Shoulder Stand (U for Upside Down), but some schools don’t allow Shoulder Stand Pose. This printable poster is really helpful to learn the kid’s names in a new classroom. Do the first letter of each child’s name and you’ve got yourself a kid’s yoga class!
Kids Yoga Tool #2: Racial Equity Resource
Because everyone has a responsibility to educate themselves and the children in their lives to stop racism. This website has very valuable resources including these Social Justice Standards
Kids Yoga Tool #3: Use Mindfulness to Teach Mindfulness
This weekend is our Mindfulness for Children training, its a combination online retreat and training. It will give you an experience of mindfulness so you can teach mindfulness. This 16 Hour Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School starts this Saturday at 10 am EST. There is still time to join the online training. For an extra $50 off registration, use code: SCHOLARSHIP16HR-AUG-2020
Kids Yoga Tool #4: How to Meditate in Stressful Times
“Meditation is an important part of getting nourishment as human beings.”
– Parampreet Singh, Meditations Questions
If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting my husband, you can hear the insights he shares from 40 years of meditation practice on his podcast: Meditation Questions. Here is one of my favourites about How to Meditate in Stressful Times.
Kids Yoga Tool #5: Finish that Book
I signed up for a course with my remote business mentor called 40 Days to a Finished Book. I like this trainer, she swears like a trucker, but amuses me to no end, and helps me stay on task to complete my to-do list. This is an affiliate link. I”m taking the course to help me complete my 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training manuals. Do you have some writing in you that’s waiting to see the light of day? Maybe this is for you.
That’s it for the tips and tools for this month.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 7 + 13, 2021*: Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
- Feb. 28 + March 6*: Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- April 25*: Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (Morn)*: Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- May 1 (afternoon)*: Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Train during the temporary online provision from Yoga Alliance
*2021 Dates Pending Yoga Alliance extension of online training provision.
You’ll be glad you did it!