A teacher is like a forklift, Yogi Bhajan said, you have to meet the students where they are at, and only then can you lift them up. This is the first point in these videos to Teach Yoga Kids Love.
Teach Yoga Kids Love is the name of the 30 minute presentation we did for over a hundred people at they Yoga Show in Toronto. Join Janet Williams of Children’sYogaBooks.com and Aruna Kathy Humphrys (me) in these videos, for three tips for teaching yoga kids love.
Teach Yoga Kids Love
Warning: I’m no Stephen Spielberg, I edited these myself. But I think they will be helpful for anyone who wants to see what it is like to teach kids. There are kids and parents in the audience. You’ll see:
- A classroom management activity,
- yoga poses for kids,
- a yoga game for kids and how to turn that games into a teaching opportunity,
- much of teaching kids is having the right tone as a teacher, a tone that tells kids that you are in charge of the class (but you’re a loving and kind leader). take a look at the tone of two experienced kids yoga teachers.
The first video is cut down to just a few highlights.
After this class, I tried out the new Volcano move I learned from Janet and it was a hit in my kids classes!
This second video is the longer version for people who really want to see how kids classes are taught. It has more poses and activities. We had some technical difficulties during the recording so we didn’t get the whole presentation. But you’ll definitely get the idea.
There’s a sweet girl at around the 2:20 minute mark of this video that shows what real kids are like.
Did you see it?
Let me know how you liked the videos, do you give them a thumbs up? I’d love to know your tip to Teach Yoga Kids Love.
Upcoming Events: Please Join Us!
People are registering for the Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Teacher Training from all over the world. Summer is a great time to visit Toronto, Canada and upgrade your skills. Please contact me for information on accommodations and options for shadowing me at a kids class while you are here. Upcoming courses:
- June 18 – 19, 2011: Kids Yoga Teacher Training Weekend Course: Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This weekend is limited to 18 participants. Space still available. Register now for early registration discount. Registration and information here.
- Oakville, Ontario, Canada – Date to be Determined – Open House May 28 for more information. Click here for details.
- Private Consultations: I’m available for private coaching on promoting your kids yoga classes/products or trouble shooting problems you are having. Click here for more details.
Or bring Yoga Yoga Masters to your area – This training is like no other! Contact [email protected] to help bring the Young Yoga Masters training to you.
Get Your Kids Yoga Teacher Training
We’ve Moved Online!
- August 8 – 14: Intensive Week
Yoga Literacy with the Yoga Alphabet (16 Hour Certificate)
Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training- School Age (8 Hour Certificate)
- Aug. 22-28: Intensive Week
Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
Family Yoga (4 Hour Certificate)
Chakras for Children (4 Hour Certificate)
- Sept. 19- 20: Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Oct. 17-18: Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Nov. 14 – 15: Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)