Dear Friends and Readers,
We’ve been taking on some tough Kids Yoga Teaching questions so why not lighten the mood a bit!
One of the best ways to teach kids or anyone else is by keeping up with your own yoga and meditation practice. Whether it’s taking a course to upgrade your skills or joining your community for an event – we’ve got to help ourselves if we want to help anyone else.
Usually I like to meditate on my own, however this weekend here in Toronto I’ll be joining in the White Tantric Yoga course happening on Saturday (for info click here especially those who like meditation and/or Kundalini yoga).
Getting Together Can Uplift and Inspire
This is a powerful group meditation that is held yearly in Toronto and all over the world as well. This year attendance is heading towards 250 people all meditating together. I hope to see a few of you there.
Group meditation can be very uplifting – personally I’ve felt the euphoria of accomplishing times and feats I would probably not even attempt when I am alone. It gives me courage and a deeper understanding of what we are truly capable of.
A Boost for Your Home Practice
To give you a boost in your own practice: Acacia Lifestyles has sent me a couple of DVD’s to review and give away. The first Giveaway is from Hemalayaa called Yoga for Everybody.
Finally – a Gentle DVD for Beginners
Now you better believe that this DVD is for everyone. It may be the most gentle and relaxing DVD I’ve ever done. In fact it is the kind of DVD I would give to someone as a gift to get them to give yoga a whirl. Really, this one is suitable for all body types and fitness levels. Although I think a very fit person might get bored with it quickly.
There are two simple twenty minute workouts on it, perfect for a rushed morning or just before bed or for someone who may not have the stamina for a longer set.
I also like Hemalayaa herself, she has a joyous energy that is easy to enjoy as you do the yoga.
When you come home from a tough day at work or teaching and you want to wind down – pop in this video and do it. You’ll come away feeling relaxed and refreshed. I know I did.
Leave a Comment to Win the Video
If you’d like to win a copy of Yoga for Everybody from Acacia, leave a comment below and I’ll pick one random winner after the weekend is over.
For those reading the blog in their e-mail box or from a feed – click on the “Teaching Kids Yoga” headline at the top of the page. This will take you to the Blogger page where you can leave a comment. If it doesn’t work, try this link: Teaching Kids Yoga Blog to leave a comment. If you have trouble leaving a comment (as I know some of you have) just e-mail me and I will post your comment for you.
Till next time:
P.S. Save $50 with Early Registration: the early registration rate for the Kids Yoga Teacher Training Course in Toronto is this weekend. Sign up now to save!
You will be amazed how easy it can be to reach children through yoga. Learn what kids like and what they don’t like in yoga and meditation. Details are here. Please contact me if you need information on where to stay in Toronto while the course is on.
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.