Our training is designed to launch you onto the path of mindful living with an appreciation and sense of gratitude towards life and those you live with. Our innovative and inspiring process will prepare you for a full or part time career the within the yoga community.
This approach to training presents new opportunities for adults and youth to attain Yoga Alliance certification. It gives graduates a healthy way to earn extra money while nurturing the wise teacher within, at a pace that fits with the demands of home or student life.
- Get paid to do what you love.
- Deepen your practice and understanding of yoga.
- Become involved in the yoga teaching community.
The Ambassador Yoga Teacher Training is a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance registered program.
The training hours have been broken down into four modules, each of which contain all the fundamental elements required for your certification and registration with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher 200 (RYT 200).
4 x 50 Hour Modules = 200 Hour Training
Start at the Beginning of Any Module
In All Modules:
Receive sound methodology and techniques training to teach using the 8 Lesson Plans provided in each module. Then build on that training to create and teach your own lesson plans. Throughout the Modules you’ll also learn current best practices to set up and promote your new business.
The Enlightened Life Module
Explore the wisdom of a Yogic lifestyle through the Yamas and Niyamas, commonly called the do’s and don’ts of yoga. These insights form the foundation of the Eight Limb Path, a series of yoga philosophies that provide useful guidelines to ground, inspire and enlighten you. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali will also serve as a reference to assist you in threading the truths of these ancient teachings into your modern life.
- Required Reading: The Sutras of Patanjali
Anatomy of a Healthy Life Module
Learn the technical aspects of the classical yoga postures (asanas) and the human anatomy and physiology required to teach them. You’ll advance your own physical practice and become confident instructing five powerful breathing techniques (pranayama). Deepen your understanding of the ways yoga creates strength and balance with a complete examination of the body locks (bandhas) and how modern science is used to support and demystify yogic traditions.
- Required Reading: The Science of Yoga by William J. Broad
- Recommended Reading: Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
Finding Calm in an Age of Speed Module
Yog-ahhh! The magic of yoga lies in the connection between the body, the spirit and the mind. Deepen your understanding of this connection through a comprehensive look at our internal energetic system, the Chakras! Becoming aware of the association between yogic anatomy and physical anatomy, you’ll recognize unbalanced emotional, physical and intellectual states and acquire tools that help restore balance. You’ll start teaching the classical postures in gentle and restorative ways with practical modifications that make them accessible to all your students. You’ll also be able to teach others how to find calm though chanting, meditation, and yoga nidra.
- Required Reading: Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasiter
Past, Present and Future of Yoga Module
Journey into the lessons and teachings of the spiritual roots of yoga philosophy through ancient texts and engage in practical conversations so you can apply these teaching to modern life. Learn specific techniques to help remove obstacles on your path and remain present and grounded while building your yoga business. Keep your head and standards high as you embrace your new endeavors with integrity and a very open heart!
- Required Reading: The Bhagavad Gita
Find Out When the Next Ambassador Yoga Training is Offered:
See where Ambassador Yoga Trainers are offering the next 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. Look under the “Ambassador Trainers” heading.
Interested in Running Your Own 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Ambassador Yoga?
Summer Certification 2019
Location: Art Gallery of Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- July 14 – 15, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 16-17, 2019 Kids Yoga, Family Yoga, and Chakras for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 18 -19, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 21 – 22, 2019 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 23- 24, 2019 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- July 25-26, 2019 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Toronto Weekend Certifications
Fall 2019-Spring 2020
Location: Dovercourt House, Toronto Canada
- Sat. – Sun. Sept 28-29, 2019 – Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. Oct. 26-27, 2019 – Family Yoga (4 Hours), Teaching Yoga to Kids (School Age) (8 Hours), Chakras for Children (4 Hours)
- Sat. – Sun. Nov. 16-17, 2019 – Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat – Sun. April 25-26, 2020 – Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. May 23-24, 2020 – Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate)
- Sat. – Sun. June 6-7, 2020 – Level 2 Mastermind: Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate)
Join the Newsletter to get reminders of new dates announced and early registration deadlines.